Windows 10: Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

Discus and support Refreshing taskbar and desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear users, I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ted Schutte, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

Dear users,

I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen goes slightly whiter and pulls me out to the desktop where i have to watch my apps refresh flicker. I then have to go back through alt+tab to get back to whatever i was doing. This is extremly frustrating and i have done so many things to try and fix it but nothing seems to work. I am not quite sure what to do.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Ted

:)

Ted Schutte, Mar 1, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Explorer.exe, Desktop icons, and taskbar refreshing

Desktop icons, Taskbar, and Explorer.exe crashing in Windows 10

I have been have a constant problem where windows explorer, the taskbar, and my desktop icons keep refreshing. This happens constantly and it is very frustrating because I have no idea how to fix it. Whenever it refreshes, the taskbar goes blank and the
    desktop icon disappears and I have to wait for about 5-15 seconds.

Some things you should know:

• I have windows 10, I used the free upgrade and I have been having graphics problems like OpenGL and some games not working
    • I used a program 'called Driver Talent' to update my drivers,
      then the problem started
    • Whenever I click the search icon, the windows icon, or Microsoft edge it says: Explorer.exe;
      Class not registered
    • if I'm playing a game, let's say, Minecraft (windows 10 edition), then the game would suffer a huge lag spike until the taskbar is back
    • I tried updating my drivers via devices manager, and unistalled Driver Talent, but the problem persisted
    • I booted in Safe mode but it still keep reloading/refreshing
    • Some windows programs like settings or file explorer crash when my computer refreshes

So you see, I have been trying to look for a solution but none of them seemed to work, someone please help me on this and if there is anything you need to know please ask me. I think the problem might be related to my drivers because it started when I "updated"
    them with 'Driver Talent' and also I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes and Avast, but my computer checked clean.

-Jahn Tibayan

JahnTibayan, Mar 1, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User
Thema:

Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

1. Refreshing taskbar and desktop. - Similar Threads - Refreshing taskbar desktop

2. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  3. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  4. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  6. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  7. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes: Started to notice it around a year ago. Randomly my desktop keep refreshing itself and while im browsing sometimes i can see Chrome icon on my taskbar blink (like it got unselected for a split second). I did 2 reinstall since it started and it keeps returning. submitted by...
  9. Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing: Just happened today when I opened my laptop. Essentially the desktop/taskbar is perpetually refreshing and I can't open the start menu. The cursor also has the loading symbol constantly. In safe mode the same thing happens, and it is still going on after resetting windows...
  10. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757