Windows 10: Refreshing Windows 10

Discus and support Refreshing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 computer that I have been using 5 years and things have slowed. In the past I would reformat and reinstall Windows then set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Jul 6, 2019.

1. lenberman Win User

Refreshing Windows 10

I have a Windows 10 computer that I have been using 5 years and things have slowed. In the past I would reformat and reinstall Windows then set up everything. However a friend said just to refresh Windows through the app keeping all my files in place. Is the reformat route better or the same?
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Refreshing Windows 10

Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Thanks! *Smile Refreshing Windows 10 :) Sounds fine (Ctrl+R as a 2nd way to do the same would be nice too).
    IF you do not want to overburden the main window GUI with the extra Refresh button I suggest, Refresh could be added to the system menu in top left instead, and/or into Settings.
    (such as add a button labeled "Refresh main tab" or similar text of your choosing to Settings)

Naki, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Refreshing Windows 10

1. Refreshing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Refreshing

2. Twitter Introduces New Refreshed and Updated Twitter.com Website

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter Introduces New Refreshed and Updated Twitter.com Website: Today, we are starting to roll out a new Twitter.com – a refreshed and updated website that is faster, easier to navigate and more personalized. The site has an updated look and feel that is more consistent with the Twitter you see on other devices, making it easier to access...
  3. refresh rate on screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    refresh rate on screen display: how do I to turn off on-screen intel refresh rate number at top left of screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-rate-on-screen-display/7d038e48-7150-44fa-acb4-f9e4216ec5e8
  4. Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing: When I am doing file or folder operation in explorer it is not automatically refreshing to reflect the updated changes How to fix this? 136118
  5. Refreshing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refreshing Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 computer that I have been using 5 years and things have slowed. In the past I would reformat and reinstall Windows then set up everything. However a friend said just to refresh Windows through the app keeping all my files in place. Is the reformat route...
  6. Refresh windows from safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refresh windows from safe mode: For some reason my windows only boots from some configuration of grub and safe mode. I want to refresh or reinstall it, but when I load a usb iso it says that I already have windows on my computer, and when I try to run 'setup.exe' (that's located in the usb) in safe mode, it...
  7. Device Manager Refreshing - Related to Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Refreshing - Related to Network: I noticed slight stutters when gaming recently and while troubleshooting device drivers found that Device Manager was refreshing every 10-12 seconds or so and sometimes two or three times rapidly. These corresponded with the stutters in games. I assumed it was a USB hub or...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop and taskbar refreshes automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Desktop and taskbar refreshes automatically: Windows 10 Desktop and Taskbar refreshes automatically and then applications misbehave. I've gone through the "Reliability History" and here's the information... Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path:...
  9. How to Refresh and Hard Refresh your web page in a browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to Refresh and Hard Refresh your web page in a browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Caching is typical behavior of any browser. Whenever you visit a website, it downloads the file and keeps it. So next time you visit the same site, it doesn’t download those files again. Technically, every site can suggest the browser [...] This post How to...
  10. I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders: For example, if I use File Explorer and create a folder in the C:\ directory, i wont be able to see it or edit the name without clicking f5 or refreshing the directory. This becomes annoying as if if i extract a file/folder or rename a folder, I wont see the change without...