Windows 10: Refreshing Windows 10?

Discus and support Refreshing Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I download some scripts that offered to 'remove bloat' but it ended doing a bit more harm than good. My machine is still 110% functional, but live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Professor_Cryogen, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Refreshing Windows 10?

I download some scripts that offered to 'remove bloat' but it ended doing a bit more harm than good. My machine is still 110% functional, but live tiles don't work and random errors asking for dot NET frameworks keep showing up. I've decided to 'refresh' Windows 10. What will this include? Will I lose files? Programs such as WinRAR and Discord? My machine has two drives, a boot SSD and a storage HDD. Will 'refreshing' affect anything on the HDD? Is there a better alternative to 'refreshing'? Looking forward to help and thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Professor_Cryogen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Professor_Cryogen, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Refreshing Windows 10?

Win10 Email refresh?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Mail app.

• In top right corner you will find a refresh button

• Click on refresh button and check if it sync with the account

If the issue still persists I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Refreshing Windows 10?

1. Refreshing Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Refreshing

2. STILL ! Further to earlier ... Windows 10 refreshing constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STILL ! Further to earlier ... Windows 10 refreshing constantly: Tried all that has been suggested and I now really want to throw the machine through the 'window'. All that hasn't worked - new user disabling/enabling full system reset msconfig and much, much more ! I am past wits end......
  3. Refresh rate defaulting to 29hz on TLC Roku TV using XFX RX480

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh rate defaulting to 29hz on TLC Roku TV using XFX RX480: I'm trying to use my tv as a monitor and the refresh rate always drops to 29hz whenever I try to run a resolution greater than 1080. If I go into advanced display properties, I can select 60 from a list of options, but I have to do this every time I turn my computer on and...
  4. how do I refresh windows 10. I can't find a refresh option.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I refresh windows 10. I can't find a refresh option.: I want to refresh Windows 10 but I don't have a refresh option in my system, only a restore option. Will restore keep my current files? The current settings are only to keep the apps that came with it. How do I keep my personal files? When I go to change these options it...
  5. Windows 10 KEEPS REFRESHING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 KEEPS REFRESHING: Tried the clean boot - no difference Turned off Wef - no difference Disabled everything and re enabled - no difference Reset system - no difference Could it be a hardware problem (even though the vid card seems to be ok) I am pulling my hair out ! (and I am bald so...
  6. Hightlight of Refresh Menu selection removed after Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hightlight of Refresh Menu selection removed after Update: Can anyone tell me why my right-click menu is not showing any highlight for the hovered item anymore? not a big deal but annoying. Happened after 1909 update. https://i.imgur.com/Jmny1c8.png...
  7. How to auto refresh Edge Canary

in Browsers and Email
    How to auto refresh Edge Canary: Good morning all I would like to auto refresh a webcam page every 5 minutes or so. Is there any way to accomplish that in Edge Canary ? 145929
  8. 1909 update and folders no longer auto refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1909 update and folders no longer auto refresh: So I recently updated Windows 10 (yes I know "MY" mistake) and its been updating several times since. All this in the past week or so TODAY after an update restart my folders no longer auto update I know its ODD that somebody uses their PC to make a living BUT I do,...
  9. Desktop doesnt refresh when mouse is moving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop doesnt refresh when mouse is moving: 2019-11-30 11-28-04 - Streamable 145452
  10. Windows store constantly refreshing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store constantly refreshing: Ok so I gifted my friend Sea Of Thieves, and he started installing it. At some point during it, he left and turned off his computer. When he gets back, he opens Microsoft Store and it just starts 'flickering' as if it is constantly refreshing the start page. He can't click...