Windows 10: ReFs filesystem can not make a dir as OneDrive Location

Discus and support ReFs filesystem can not make a dir as OneDrive Location in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; i make a dir in the refs system. When i choose onedrive location to it, it says no. how to solve it?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by dirzhang, Aug 25, 2019.

1. dirzhang Win User

ReFs filesystem can not make a dir as OneDrive Location

i make a dir in the refs system.

When i choose onedrive location to it,

it says no.

how to solve it?

:)

dirzhang, Aug 25, 2019

2. ReFS FileSystem on windows update

I want to ask one question about file system on format option, why ReFS FileSystem has been removed in windows new update? 2019-03 update.

AzharHamzah1, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 25, 2019
  4. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. ReFs filesystem can not make a dir as OneDrive Location - Similar Threads - ReFs filesystem dir

2. How to make OneDrive as only backup and not primary location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make OneDrive as only backup and not primary location: I have Windows 11, and decided to link up OneDrive to use it as my backup. However, I want documents to be saved to folders on my C drive, and I want apps/programs to open from those, and not from OneDrive. How can I make the default save location be my C drive folders which...
  3. How to make OneDrive as only backup and not primary location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make OneDrive as only backup and not primary location: I have Windows 11, and decided to link up OneDrive to use it as my backup. However, I want documents to be saved to folders on my C drive, and I want apps/programs to open from those, and not from OneDrive. How can I make the default save location be my C drive folders which...
  4. Making a dir provides different results depending ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a dir provides different results depending ...: Hello, I have a server configured with alternate names.ref: Multiple names for one computer – Consolidate your SMB file servers without breaking UNC paths – Jose Barreto's Blog home.blogUsing Computer Name Aliases in place of DNS CNAME Records - Microsoft Community HubWe have...
  5. Making a dir provides different results depending ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a dir provides different results depending ...: Hello, I have a server configured with alternate names.ref: Multiple names for one computer – Consolidate your SMB file servers without breaking UNC paths – Jose Barreto's Blog home.blogUsing Computer Name Aliases in place of DNS CNAME Records - Microsoft Community HubWe have...
  6. Making a dir provides different results depending ...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. file attachment default dir pick location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file attachment default dir pick location: per the subject, is this the fault of win 10, regardless of what program you are trying to do it in? it seems to change at will. what factors are involved in why it changes? i want to set it at my will, in all programs. example - set it for good in FF when uploading email...
  8. How to Make OneDrive Not the Default Save Location

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make OneDrive Not the Default Save Location: Running MS Office 2019 (installed version) in Windows 10, 1909. Every time I go to save an Excel or Word document, the default location that pops up is OneDrive. You then have to navigate back to your Documents folder. Is there a way/setting to change that? I'd like the...
  9. ReFS and OneDrive incompatibility - odd/expensive workaround?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ReFS and OneDrive incompatibility - odd/expensive workaround?: I have a two disk ReFS storage pool set up as a mirror in storage spaces. It's been running well for sometime, and is accessed frequently by multiple users over a network share. I'd like to start syncing data in the pool to the cloud using onedrive, but onedrive is...
  10. ReFS FileSystem on windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS FileSystem on windows update: I want to ask one question about file system on format option, why ReFS FileSystem has been removed in windows new update? 2019-03 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refs-filesystem-on-windows-update/9b487fec-de09-480a-a4b4-1a741cacaa4c"