Windows 10: ReFs filesystem can not make a dir as OneDrive Location

Discus and support ReFs filesystem can not make a dir as OneDrive Location in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; i make a dir in the refs system. When i choose onedrive location to it, it says no. how to solve it?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by dirzhang, Aug 25, 2019.

1. dirzhang Win User

ReFs filesystem can not make a dir as OneDrive Location

i make a dir in the refs system.

When i choose onedrive location to it,

it says no.

how to solve it?

:)

dirzhang, Aug 25, 2019

2. ReFS FileSystem on windows update

I want to ask one question about file system on format option, why ReFS FileSystem has been removed in windows new update? 2019-03 update.

AzharHamzah1, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 25, 2019
  4. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. ReFs filesystem can not make a dir as OneDrive Location - Similar Threads - ReFs filesystem dir

2. Windows 10 needs to add ZFS or btrfs support or add their features to ReFS and make ReFS...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 needs to add ZFS or btrfs support or add their features to ReFS and make ReFS...: Problem Statement: Storage Spaces' performance is horrific ReFS is available only on Windows 10 Enterprise/Pro for Workstations and above btrfs and ZFS have better performance btrfs and ZFS have more features btrfs and ZFS are available on Linux and BSD...
  3. ReFS FileSystem on windows update

ReFS FileSystem on windows update: I want to ask one question about file system on format option, why ReFS FileSystem has been removed in windows new update? 2019-03 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refs-filesystem-on-windows-update/9b487fec-de09-480a-a4b4-1a741cacaa4c"
  4. OneDrive storage location.

OneDrive storage location.: Hey guys, I'm needing a bit of help here. I have done a clean install of windows 10 Pro on a new SSD ( C Drive ) and using a HDD ( D Drive ) for storage. I have linked my Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music folders to D:\ Drive. Now that I have setup OneDrive, how...
  5. After uninstalling OneDrive, Picture Location can not be changed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After uninstalling OneDrive, Picture Location can not be changed: Picture Location is locked to c:/user/user_name/onedrive/picture. Trying to delete OneDrive directory shows ::{018D566-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} cn not be deleted. I want to change picture location back to Windows 10 default or another location....
  6. ref-work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ref-work: ref-works program for Microsoft word will not run write-n-cite, the program is stating that Microsoft office is not installed. Office is installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ref-work/cc22941e-8c67-4623-9a89-4987209e691d"
  7. Incompatibility refs/Win10 and refs/Win2016

Incompatibility refs/Win10 and refs/Win2016: Hi. Disks formated with refs under win10 Workstation couldn't be read by win2016. Over the more: refs-discs made with win2016 accessed by win10 couldn't be accessed by win2016 afterwards. Any idea? Peter...
  8. OneDrive Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Location: Hi all, I have a problem that maybe is easy to solve: I run Windows 10 Pro v 1803. 1) I installed OneDrive; it automatically created a OneDrive folder on C. As the OneDrive folder is too large for C, 2) I moved the OneDrive folder from from C to E 3) A bit later I moved...
  9. ReFS partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ReFS partition: Hi, I'm using my second drive for data and it's using the ReFS file system, but I ran into a problem - OneDrive wont work with it. Can I Strink / Split / Convert (NTFS) the drive, as i'm currently using 690GB on the drive so I don't think a backup would be possible?...
  10. [DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet: Just noticed this, is this something to be concerned about, what is it and how do I stop it? C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine....