Windows 10: Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

Discus and support Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key straight from the Windows website for a new PC build that I'm doing. I initiatially used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Operator_6O, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

Hi,

I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key straight from the Windows website for a new PC build that I'm doing. I initiatially used the product key on one build, but since Windows kept crashing or won't boot after three times of clean install and a BIOS update, I decided to start a new build. Before I switched over, I made sure to deactivate the product key, so I could use it on my new build. At least, that was the plan. Upon entering the product key into my new build, Windows recognized it but won't activate, saying that the product key is still being used on another device. This problem has given me more headaches than it warrants, so I would like to know if I could simply ask for Microsoft to directly deactivate this product key and give me a refund, and I'll just buy a new product key.

Thank you,

Operator_6O

:)

Operator_6O, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Feb 28, 2021
  4. OneMoar Win User

Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

windows 10 can also activate solely based on HWID no key required how do you think the microsoft store activation works it installs a generic key and activates based on hwid

OneMoar, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

1. Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate - Similar Threads - Refund Product Key

2. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't activate with a product key: Hello,Windows 10 is asking me to activate it. I have located my product key, but Windows 10 absolutely refuses to accept it. It has detected that I have changed my motherboard and CPU, and has decided that this time out of the previous 3-5 times I have changed my motherboard...
  3. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't activate with a product key: Hello,Windows 10 is asking me to activate it. I have located my product key, but Windows 10 absolutely refuses to accept it. It has detected that I have changed my motherboard and CPU, and has decided that this time out of the previous 3-5 times I have changed my motherboard...
  4. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro product key won't activate.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro product key won't activate.: My Windows 10 Pro upgrade key is a genuine retail copy. When I entered the code once, it finished the "preparing to update" section and then gave me the error code 0x0800f0805. I have tried re-entering the key and other "solutions" but it will not work. Any help please? Also,...
  6. Refund and Deactivation for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

Refund and Deactivation for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key straight from the Windows website for a new PC build that I'm doing. I initially used the product key on one build, but since Windows kept crashing and won't boot after three times of clean install and a BIOS update, I...
  7. Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key

Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key: Hello, I've spent a day and a half trying to figure out how to update my old laptop to windows 10. I bought a product key yesterday from Microsoft and tried to use it but it didn't work. I finally figured out how to install windows 10 but I don't need my product key...
  8. Windows 10 product key refund

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key refund: I purchased windows 10 to upgrade my computer from windows 7. I have been unsuccessful in upgrading and would like to receive a refund for the product code. Is that possible?...
  9. Product key activation won't work

Product key activation won't work: Hello, I bought a new PC and have a water mark telling me to activate windows. I bought a product key from Amazon. When I go to enter the product key, it tells me the product key didn't work and gives me the error code 0xc004f050. I can't seem to fix this problem despite...
  10. Refund for Windows 10 Activation Key?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refund for Windows 10 Activation Key?: Hello. This morning I paid $199 for a windows 10 activation key, only to find that my computer didn't need it. When I went to the installer I found that the computer came with a free upgrade from Windows 7 already in it. I never activated the key and I was never asked for it....