Windows 10: Refund of payment for an app purchased via the Store

Discus and support Refund of payment for an app purchased via the Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have spent more than an hour trying to find the answer to a simple question: How do I get a refund for an app purchased through the Store which does... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Clayto222, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Clayto222 Win User

Refund of payment for an app purchased via the Store

I have spent more than an hour trying to find the answer to a simple question: How do I get a refund for an app purchased through the Store which does not work? Although the amount involved is very small, much less in value than the time being spent, I don't expect to pay for a digital product which does not work as described.

:)

Clayto222, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Store

Read more: Microsoft to Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Stores - Thurrott.com

Brink, Mar 27, 2019
  3. App store trouble: purchasing apps

Hello, Seth McCain .

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We're glad to help you!

I understand that you are unable to purchase apps from the Store. We'd suggest the you check your information for the payment method for the Windows Store. Please check the steps provided below:

To add or edit the payment method for your Windows Store account

• On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.

• Tap or click Account, and then tap or click My account.

• Tap or click Add payment method or Edit payment method, edit any necessary info, and then tap or click Submit.

Notes

• If you want to buy an app from the Store in a specific country or region, you need to use a payment method from that country or region. For more info, see Use
      the Windows Store in a different country or region

• When you add a credit card as a payment method, Microsoft authorizes the card by making a small, temporary charge to your account. You won’t pay anything until you buy something from the Store.

• Your credit card company might charge an International Transaction Fee (ITF) or a currency conversation charge when you buy something from the Store.

To remove a payment method from your account

• On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.

• Tap or click Account, and then tap or click My account.

• Tap or click Remove.

• Sign in to the billing website with your Microsoft account.

• Tap or click payment options.

• Choose a payment method, tap or click remove, and then tap or click remove.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

Justin Sor, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Karen Her Win User

Refund for purchasing The Sims 4.

Thank you for the information. We suggest that you log in to your Microsoft account, and check if the charge was applied. Follow the steps below to check it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com.
    • Click the Payment & billing tab.
    • Select Order History.

If the charge shows on your Order History, please contact Microsoft Store Support. Refer to this
    link.

If the charge is not showing, you may need to contact the developer of the game to process the refund.

Get back to us if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Karen Her, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Refund of payment for an app purchased via the Store - Similar Threads - Refund payment app

2. Microsoft Store Purchases Or In-App Purchases Multi Payment

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Purchases Or In-App Purchases Multi Payment: lets say i have to pay £20.and i want i buy from an in app purchase, could i spend £15 from an xbox card and the rest on credit/prepaid card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-purchases-or-in-app-purchases/c09e6cd7-4828-42a9-a0dd-4009281419c3
  3. Microsoft Store Purchases Or In-App Purchases Multi Payment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Purchases Or In-App Purchases Multi Payment: lets say i have to pay £20.and i want i buy from an in app purchase, could i spend £15 from an xbox card and the rest on credit/prepaid card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-purchases-or-in-app-purchases/c09e6cd7-4828-42a9-a0dd-4009281419c3
  4. Microsoft Store Purchases Or In-App Purchases Multi Payment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store purchase - refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store purchase - refund: Dear Microsoft!Today I've bought a premium currency and I didn't receive it. I discovered that I have connected different account and I didn't receive currency to my sea of thieves account. Can I get a refund?...
  6. Microsoft store purchase - refund

Microsoft store purchase - refund: Dear Microsoft!Today I've bought a premium currency and I didn't receive it. I discovered that I have connected different account and I didn't receive currency to my sea of thieves account. Can I get a refund?...
  7. Refund of Microsoft Store purchase

Refund of Microsoft Store purchase: I recently paid for a yearly subscription for a VPN on accident when I was attempting to just get the 7-day free trial this was already a real hit to the gut as it cost me $85 which I really did not have to spend, but then the app didn't even recognise I had its premium and...
  8. Payment Refund

Payment Refund: I paid for office 365 in November but was billed by paypal this week for a further £59.99. How do I get a refund Regards Alan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/payment-refund/3849df81-210f-43ce-82c5-9ac480661c52
  9. Windows store apps purchase refunds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store apps purchase refunds: Hi I wanted to buy an app from Windows Store, but I'm not 100% sure it will be useful to me, is it possible to know whether I can get a refund for it in case I need it? MS infos about that are pretty unclear. Would like to receive an official clarification for that, thanks!...
  10. No Refund on digital store purchase?

No Refund on digital store purchase?: So Basically, friends were telling me to get Minecraft, and I had no idea that there were TWO different kinds to get, one from the Windows/Microsoft store and one from the Mojang website. So Long story Short, I've ended buying the same product twice and would like to get a...