Windows 10: Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key

Discus and support Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I've spent a day and a half trying to figure out how to update my old laptop to windows 10. I bought a product key yesterday from Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cherokeealicia, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key

Hello,

I've spent a day and a half trying to figure out how to update my old laptop to windows 10. I bought a product key yesterday from Microsoft and tried to use it but it didn't work. I finally figured out how to install windows 10 but I don't need my product key anymore. I haven't used it or shared it with anyone else so I was wondering if there was any way I could "return" it and get a refund.

***Original Title: can i return my unused product key for a refund?***

:)

cherokeealicia, Apr 6, 2020
  2. RajivGera Win User

refund on product key

I purchased a Windows 10 Product Key. After installing I discovered my laptop already had a digitized key. Can I get a refund? Thank you.

RajivGera, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Refunding a product (Minecraft for Windows)

There's really not much time to actually play the game in 14 days. Considering the fact majority of distributors practice 14 day refund policy (with playtime threshold), I see no reason why Microsoft would not do that as well. MORE TO IT, to refund a product
    you need to uninstall it from your device. That suggest there's a way for Microsoft to check whether the software is on your computer. That, or it's a way of making sure the user complied to refund terms. Either way, there's no way to abuse it, and Microsoft
    has no base to disallow game refunds.

Piotr Braszak, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key

Refund for an application bought on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Most apps, games, movies, TV shows, and books purchased in the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 or Xbox One are non-refundable unless the offer or applicable law states that you’re eligible for a refund. Should you have other questions and clarifications,
    we suggest that you contact our
    Microsoft Support
    team.

For detailed information about the return and refund policy, see
    Microsoft Terms of Sale.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key

1. Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key - Similar Threads - Refund policy information

2. Can I refund a product key that was bought?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I refund a product key that was bought?: I would like to refund a product key that was bought on April 4th, 2023, at 12;14 AM. For some reason my hardware had a reset and my windows deactivated so I bought a Microsoft product key to activate windows 10, but I was able to find a backup product key from Registry...
  3. Refund and Deactivation for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Refund and Deactivation for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key straight from the Windows website for a new PC build that I'm doing. I initially used the product key on one build, but since Windows kept crashing and won't boot after three times of clean install and a BIOS update, I...
  4. Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key straight from the Windows website for a new PC build that I'm doing. I initiatially used the product key on one build, but since Windows kept crashing or won't boot after three times of clean install and a BIOS update, I...
  5. Product refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Product refund: Hello there On August 22nd have initially downloaded Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor from Microsoft Store When run it for the first time application offered purchase of premium option which I did. Received email confirmation of purchase but no download link for...
  6. Refund policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refund policy: I need a refund for the Touchable pro app which I purchased from the Microsoft store a few hours ago 5/16/2020. I am on windows 10 home addition. There was a loading issue and I couldn't use it. There doesn't seem to be a link for inquiries....
  7. Windows 10 product key refund

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key refund: I purchased windows 10 to upgrade my computer from windows 7. I have been unsuccessful in upgrading and would like to receive a refund for the product code. Is that possible?...
  8. Refund upon my product key

Refund upon my product key: hi I have bought a Microsoft product key which I have installed on my machine but I would like a refund and I would like to get my windows back to the standard addition "home" without having to buy a new one thanks...
  9. Refund Policy

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refund Policy: The refund policy is actually garbage, my close friend Corben bought **** Minecraft, the game he didn't want, and doesn't want to play, he bought it from the Microsoft store, and immediately tried to get a refund, b ut as far as I can tell he can't, what's the reasoning...
  10. Product key information for Windows 10 home version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key information for Windows 10 home version: I have purchased a new laptop with Windows Home already pre installed. It keeps asking for my windows account when I go into any programme (which I sign into ) and then a product key which is not recognised. Why does it do this if it was pre-installed ? Help...