Windows 10: refurbished computer and activating windows

Discus and support refurbished computer and activating windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; bought from Walmart refurbished. says activation code is already being used.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jonlykins, May 14, 2020.

1. jonlykins Win User

refurbished computer and activating windows

bought from Walmart refurbished. says activation code is already being used.

:)

jonlykins, May 14, 2020

2. newly refurbished computer windows activation help

Couldn't stop thinking about your problem so I've got some follow-up questions for you. Answer-by-number: 1. Did you purchase the refurbished computer or did someone purchase it for you? 2. Was the refurbished computer purchased at a Best Buy retail store
    or online? 3. Was the refurbished computer purchased with a major credit-card? Cite: Get help with Windows activation errors [includes an Activation troubleshooter] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10738/windows-10-get-help-with-activation-errors Activation
    in Win10 (general info) ["If you bought a refurbished PC, the refurbisher, not Microsoft (or Best Buy), must provide you with a valid product key.'] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440 COMMENTARY: You're not the first person to encounter such problems
    (and worse) with a refurbished computer and you certainly won't be the last. In the past month or two, I've helped at least ten (10) others with similar problems. Unfortunately you get what you *don't* pay for when it comes to refurbished devices. It's as
    if you're being penalized for not having $1,000.00 USD or more to purchase a computer. IMHO consumers should complain - loudly - to anyone who'll listen (e.g., banks; credit card companies; Better Business Bureau; retail stores selling such junk). Make enough
    noise and you might get action (e.g., a credit or refund).

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 14, 2020
  3. newly refurbished computer windows activation help

with the computer came a piece of paper title "windows activation guide" on it was the activation key number that matched the one on the sticker. we do not know the previous use history. should I contact the refurbisher about this issue?

caitlinbromberg, May 14, 2020
  4. refurbished computer and activating windows

refurbished computer upgrade to windows 10

Hi,

I purchased a refurbished computer for my daughter from Walmart.com

She is trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but it keeps saying "This product key didn't work" but it is the exact product key from the sticker.

Any suggestions?

Tammy21175, May 14, 2020
Thema:

refurbished computer and activating windows

1. refurbished computer and activating windows - Similar Threads - refurbished computer activating

2. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  3. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  4. Activation keys for refurbishment purposes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation keys for refurbishment purposes: Hi, I want to start a refurbishment business but then I instantly realized that I have a major problem. The OS. Lot’s of people are familiar with Windows 10 so I decided to use that. Though keys are over 100 dollars to purchase. I found the Microsoft Refurbishment Program...
  5. Imaging refurbished computers

Imaging refurbished computers: I have several computers that I am looking to refurbish. These all arrived to me with the hard drives wiped so I do not know what OS was on them previously. These machines originally came with windows 8. On the 2 machines that I have looked at so far, I was able to install...
  6. refurbished computer key

refurbished computer key: I have a refurbished computer and my activation key says its for a refurbished computer. when I try to apply the key, i'm told its not valid. how can I make it work?...
  7. Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?

Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?: I bought a computer from a shop that claimed it is a microsoft authorized refurbisher. I can't find any Certificate of Authenticity label in my computer and the staff claimed there are no longer having such kind label in the computer that he dold. Is that normal that...
  8. Activation of Windows 10 on a refurbished laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation of Windows 10 on a refurbished laptop: I purchased a refurbished Toshiba laptop and tried to install Windows 10 but the laptop wouldn't accept my product code and gave the error code 0x80070057....
  9. Activating Windows 10 on a refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activating Windows 10 on a refurbished PC: I just bought an HP desktop computer that has Windows 10 on it. The computer is refurbished, so I expected to find a working copy of Windows on it. I'd like to avoid having to buy a new copy of Windows if possible since the price tag is currently too high for me. Any help...
  10. Refurbished computer with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refurbished computer with windows 10: I recently purchased a computer through walmart.com. I came with Windows 10. I had to call your company to get it activated. Now, when I try to download anything it asks for a password before I can open the files. I never made a password and my Microsoft password doesn't...