Windows 10: refurbished computer key

Discus and support refurbished computer key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a refurbished computer and my activation key says its for a refurbished computer. when I try to apply the key, i'm told its not valid. how can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by patriciaransom, May 24, 2020.

1. refurbished computer key

I have a refurbished computer and my activation key says its for a refurbished computer. when I try to apply the key, i'm told its not valid. how can I make it work?

:)

patriciaransom, May 24, 2020

2. Product key on refurbished computer

Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished computer that has Windows 10 Pro on it; my old computer the mother board is going on it and has Windows 10 Home. I tried activating Windows on my refurbished computer using my old Windows Home product key, but to
    no avail. When I try to change the product key, the response I get is: "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)" Is there a way to do this? I have a perfectly good product key
    on via my old computer, that I should be able to use and not have to purchase a whole new one. Thanks in advance!

NoreenMcMurtry, May 24, 2020
  3. refurbished computer upgrade to windows 10

Hi,

I purchased a refurbished computer for my daughter from Walmart.com

She is trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but it keeps saying "This product key didn't work" but it is the exact product key from the sticker.

Any suggestions?

Tammy21175, May 24, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

refurbished computer key

Product key on refurbished computer

If it is officially refurbished it should have its own licence key. See the section
    Activate a refurbished device running Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12440/windows-10-activate

The new device is Windows 10 Pro your old one is Windows 10 Home. You cannot use the Home key to activate Pro.

neilpzz, May 24, 2020
Thema:

refurbished computer key

1. refurbished computer key - Similar Threads - refurbished computer key

2. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  3. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  4. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Activation keys for refurbishment purposes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation keys for refurbishment purposes: Hi, I want to start a refurbishment business but then I instantly realized that I have a major problem. The OS. Lot’s of people are familiar with Windows 10 so I decided to use that. Though keys are over 100 dollars to purchase. I found the Microsoft Refurbishment Program...
  6. Imaging refurbished computers

Imaging refurbished computers: I have several computers that I am looking to refurbish. These all arrived to me with the hard drives wiped so I do not know what OS was on them previously. These machines originally came with windows 8. On the 2 machines that I have looked at so far, I was able to install...
  7. refurbished computer and activating windows

refurbished computer and activating windows: bought from Walmart refurbished. says activation code is already being used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-and-activating-windows/85f60fb4-1ad5-43b2-aeb5-ed2512893ed2
  8. Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?

Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?: I bought a computer from a shop that claimed it is a microsoft authorized refurbisher. I can't find any Certificate of Authenticity label in my computer and the staff claimed there are no longer having such kind label in the computer that he dold. Is that normal that...
  9. Product key on refurbished computer

Product key on refurbished computer: Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished computer that has Windows 10 Pro on it; my old computer the mother board is going on it and has Windows 10 Home. I tried activating Windows on my refurbished computer using my old Windows Home product key, but to no avail. When I...
  10. Refurbished PC key code

Refurbished PC key code: I have a refurbished Dell 7010 PC which has a Win 7 COA and a Win 10 refurbished sticker. Is there some way to locate the Product Key Code should it be necessary to reinstall Win 10?[ATTACH]...