Windows 10: refurbished computer running windows 10 pro but says license is windows 10 home can not...

Discus and support refurbished computer running windows 10 pro but says license is windows 10 home can not... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi,im really frustrated right now and i hope someone can help me? im on my windows 10 pro and got another running same,but its telling me to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by patriciasordiff, Sep 9, 2020.

1. refurbished computer running windows 10 pro but says license is windows 10 home can not...

hi,im really frustrated right now and i hope someone can help me? im on my windows 10 pro and got another running same,but its telling me to activate it,so i went to where im supposed to activate and got this for an error message,

troubleshooting has completed

we found a windows 10 home digital licence for this device running windows 10 pro.to activate using this digital license ,you need to install windows 10 home.

can anyone please help me and tell me if im able to do what this is telling me to do or should i bring this back to the dealer and show him this error message? thank you,id rather try and fix it because i really do not want to go to a computer dealer again,thank you again!! sincerely patricia sordiff

:)

patriciasordiff, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Sep 9, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

refurbished computer running windows 10 pro but says license is windows 10 home can not...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

refurbished computer running windows 10 pro but says license is windows 10 home can not...

1. refurbished computer running windows 10 pro but says license is windows 10 home can not... - Similar Threads - refurbished computer running

2. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished HP computer; although the seller said the licence was valid, it has a Windows 10 Home license sticker on it but with Windows 10 Pro installed not activated. I'd like to make it legal, since I do have a valid license, I even purchased an...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished HP computer; although the seller said the licence was valid, it has a Windows 10 Home license sticker on it but with Windows 10 Pro installed not activated. I'd like to make it legal, since I do have a valid license, I even purchased an...
  4. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  6. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  7. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Transfer and activate a Windows 10 Pro license on a new computer running Windows 10 Home...

Transfer and activate a Windows 10 Pro license on a new computer running Windows 10 Home...: I originally got help through the online chat system. Responses were slow, but it worked. I'm trying to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license for refurbished computers to a new computer. I was told that the license was transferable and told to wait 2 minutes while I was...
  9. Running windows 10 pro, but have windows 10 home license

Running windows 10 pro, but have windows 10 home license: I have run troubled shoot and it comes up with this message and error code OxCOO4FO74 and this is what it says,, found windows 10 home digital license for this device running windows 10 pro. To activate using this digital license you need to install windows 10 home. The funny...
  10. Digital license for Windows 10 Home but the computer is running Windows 10 Pro

Digital license for Windows 10 Home but the computer is running Windows 10 Pro: Windows activation troubleshooter tells me We have found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home. I have followed the instructions given in windows forums to...