Windows 10: Refurbished Laptop

Discus and support Refurbished Laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I recently bought a refurbished laptop (chose to have windows 10 Pro installed over original windows 7). First startup, put windows key in etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cyberslava, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Refurbished Laptop

Hello. I recently bought a refurbished laptop (chose to have windows 10 Pro installed over original windows 7). First startup, put windows key in etc and was automatically logged in as "User". I created an Admin account (local), removed "User' and restarted. I was then auto logged on as "User" again. Thing is, this "User" account is nowhere to be found, not via netplwiz or net user, or even in C drive. I just want to have the one Admin account - maybe a normal one later - but this damn machine keeps recreating "User" accounts over and over. I turned on require password and got "password incorrect" at startup, after clicking Enter the newly created Admin account shows bottom left and I can log in as usual. It's the "User" account it always defaults to that drives me crackers! Any insight or things to try would be fantastic as Google knows nothing on this of use.

PS- if I did a factory reset would it try to zap me back to windows 7?!!

submitted by /u/cyberslava
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cyberslava, Jan 16, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Refurbished Laptop?

I think refurbished laptops are perfectly fine and are often like-new. You could look at getting a business laptop such as a Lenovo T440s or T450s for cheaper as businesses will not want to make a huge profit, they just want it gone.

Masterchiefxx17, Jan 16, 2021
  4. JamesJoey Win User

Refurbished Laptop

Refurbished Laptop?

I'm considering getting a laptop for the first time.
    I have a desktop PC but I want something a bit more than a tablet and with a Windows 10 OS.
    These stream laptops I've seen only have 32gb hard drive storage and I'm looking for something with more capacity.

How wise is it to buy a refurbished laptop?
    Can they last a long time?

Any help will be appreciated,
    James

JamesJoey, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Refurbished Laptop

1. Refurbished Laptop - Similar Threads - Refurbished Laptop

2. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  3. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  4. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Refurbishing old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  6. Refurbishing old laptop

Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  7. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  8. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  9. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

10. What kind of activation code do I need for a refurbished laptop?

What kind of activation code do I need for a refurbished laptop?: I purchased a refurbished laptop from my company for personal use. It has windows installed, but I need to get my own activation key. How do I do that, and what do i need?...