Windows 10: Refuse driver updates in Windows 10?

Discus and support Refuse driver updates in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Thank you for this! Will this prevent all future automatic driver updates? I got the 10240 build (pro) yesterday on my NUC and was surprised that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnonVendetta, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Refuse driver updates in Windows 10?

I'm not on 10240(got my systems set for the upgrade), but I would suspect it should function now that Win10 isn't "castrated" anymore. But as I always tell people-Make a system image anyhow(just in case). I do not like Windows updating drivers either, I can get them at OEM or hardware site, and only if I'm having problems, on in the case of an OS upgrade.

Cliff S, Jul 16, 2015
  2. mertzi Win User

unfortunately it doesn't seem to do the trick. On another forum a user had tried it but windows update still installed drivers for his keyboard which made it useless. I made these settings on my desktop rig running 8.1 pro and then ran "check for updates" and it still listed a new driver for my AMD GPU. I activated automatic updates and rebooted and the new driver didn't install but it is uncomfortable knowing it's lurking there. I'm gonna evaluate the final windows 10 several months on my NUC before deciding if I should update my desktop PC.

mertzi, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Kyhi Win User
    Right Click the Update and select Hide

4. mertzi Win User

yes sorry, I know about that. What I meant to say was that the hide feature won't be possible in windows 10, so what I'm worried about is that it will sneak install. I always hide updates I don't need when I do my monthly manual windows update.

mertzi, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. M4v3r1ck Win User
Thema:

1. Refuse driver updates in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Refuse driver updates

2. Windows 10 refusing to update or reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 refusing to update or reset: hi allfor the past few months I've had an issue where my win 10 PC refuses to install an update, it will download, pend restart, i would restart then it wouldn't install and just stay there.eventually, I'm now wanting to factory reset my C: drive however every way i have...
  3. Network adapter crashing and refusing to update driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter crashing and refusing to update driver: hey so as you can see by the title, i have a failure of a network adapter, being a Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC on a TUF gaming A15 laptop that will disconnect me from the internet at random times, usually under 3 minute intervals. it usually works again...
  4. windows 10 refuses to update 0x800707e7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 refuses to update 0x800707e7: I had this problem for so long i dont know what to do anymore. I tried many fixes except for unnistaling nvidia drivers. I dont want to unnistall stuff unless i really have to. Is there way to fix this error code without wiping personal data ? While searching community i...
  5. Windows 10 Stubbornly Refuses to Update

Windows 10 Stubbornly Refuses to Update: Microsoft Windows 10 Won’t Update Windows 10 stopped updating in early July. I’ve posted to this form before and received some excellent advice, unfortunately, non of the suggestions worked. Here is what I tried:1. **Please try to run SFC and DISM to check for any system...
  6. Windows 10 refuses to update anything, amd drivers fail to update as well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 refuses to update anything, amd drivers fail to update as well: As the title states, whenever i try to update anything and restart it'll say "we couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes." and eventually boot back up, and try to update again yet no matter what it always "fails to install." I could really care less about the intel and...
  7. Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update": I'm really happy that Microsoft Windows 10 is not an aircraft because I could never take off as there is always something that wouldn't work. It's probably them who developed the 737 Max MCAS flight control system.... If it's not this, it's something else. Persistence since...
  8. How to refuse Windows 10 updates

How to refuse Windows 10 updates: How do you avoid windows 10 updates? My update options are all checked "off" however at shutdown my options are to "update and shutdown" or "update and restart"....
  9. Windows 10 Refuses to Update to 1903

Windows 10 Refuses to Update to 1903: I've been messing around with this for an entire week and I think my laptop might be toast. I have an ASUS Zenbook Pro ux501vw and am currently running 1803. Checking for updates in the Settings doesn't show 1903 so I downloaded the Windows Update Utility from online. Froze...
  10. Windows 10 refuses to update to 1903.

Windows 10 refuses to update to 1903.: I’ve tried several things so far. I’ve input commands into command prompt, deleted files, disabled features, reset Windows twice, etc. Ive even tried the media creation tool. No matter what, it always winds up at a rather low resolution update screen that gets to 1-2 percent...