Windows 10: Refuses to install due to NX, even though it's present in BIOS

Discus and support Refuses to install due to NX, even though it's present in BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there! I have a Samsung N150P netbook that I am trying Windows 10 x64 on. I should note that I already installed Windows 8.1 and even upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tasnim Tamim, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Refuses to install due to NX, even though it's present in BIOS

Hello there!

I have a Samsung N150P netbook that I am trying Windows 10 x64 on. I should note that I already installed Windows 8.1 and even upgraded to Windows 10 in past before downgrading to Windows 7 x86.

Now while installing it using the GUI installer, the installer shows me this error,
    You can't install Windows 10 because your processor doesn't supports NX
    So I then tried to install it manually by burning the iso file on usb and booting on that, but I am stuck with blinking cursor that doesn't does anything. I have checked my BIOS and it does has a option called EDB (Execute Disable Bit). It's enabled by default and I tried to run the installer again after switching that option on and off, but no changes at all. Same issues happend with Windows 8.1 too.

So, How i can get it installed on my laptop? Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

I downloaded the iso from Microsoft's official site. I currently have Windows 7 x86 installed, though my PC supports x64. I have tried installed Windows 8.1 x86 and Windows 10 x64, none of them installed.

:)

Tasnim Tamim, Jan 11, 2019

2. This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

Good suggestion, but ... It's a 32-bit machine

Speccy:
    - Machine Variables
    --- PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: x86
    --- PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel

Slartybart, Jan 11, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Refuses to install due to NX, even though it's present in BIOS

Can't install Windows 8.1 on PC due to NX, even though it's supported in BIOS

Hello there,

I have Samsung N150P netbook with currently Windows 7 installed. Back before I installed Windows 8.1 and 10 on this machine, and it worked well. But I switched back to Win 7 due to lack of drivers.

Now I wanna install Win 8.1 since I found all the necessary drivers. But now I am facing a issues. When installing the OS using USB from bootmenu, I am greeted with a blinking cursor loop that never ends. So I tried to install it from Win7 using GUI installer,
    but greeted with this error

"You can't install Windows 8.1 because your processor doesn't support NX"

Now I have checked my BIOS, and the option for EDB (Executable Disable Bit) is present and is
    enabled by default. But just to be sure I enabled and disabled it and so forth tested it to see if it gets pass the error message. But it shows same error from GUI installer and boot menu installer shows same blinking cursor.

Any help will be appreciated

I used Rufus to burn the ISO on 16GB USB drive. Tried installing x86 Windows 8.1. PC spec is Intel Atom N550 and 2GB RAM with Intel GMA 3150 GPU.

Thanks!

tasnim tamim, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Refuses to install due to NX, even though it's present in BIOS

1. Refuses to install due to NX, even though it's present in BIOS - Similar Threads - Refuses install due

2. DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-using-microsoft-basic-display-adapter/4bfeffc1-29da-495c-a39d-314e184f30d8However I try to uninstall driver or install...
  3. DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present: Hi,I have an issue with Directx 12: All 3D-applications run terribly slow. Checking dxdiag, I can see that DirectX 12 is using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter as Display Device, even though I have a Nvidia RTX A5000 Laptop GPU installed. The card shows correctly in the...
  4. Send to > Mail recipient missing even though Mail Recipient.MAPIMail is present

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send to > Mail recipient missing even though Mail Recipient.MAPIMail is present: I have a problem - on a certain copy of Windows 10, Mail Recipient is missing from the Send to menu. Solutions on the Internet mostly explain that the Mail Recipient.MAPIMail file with the text contents Mail is simply missing from the shell:sendto folder but that is not the...
  5. Receiving cannot access file errors even though the file is present

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Receiving cannot access file errors even though the file is present: This question concerns 64-bit Windows 10 system version 2004; OS Build 19041.685. I am struggling to figure out what could be causing the following error for both operating system and application files: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may...
  6. Apps missing even though folders are present in Packages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps missing even though folders are present in Packages: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 LTSB Build 14393 with Microsoft Store installed. Due to some issues, I did a refresh install of Windows 10 with the option of keeping my apps and data intact during the refresh install. After the installation was completed, I had an issue of Windows...
  7. Warzone 2100 not installing even though it says it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warzone 2100 not installing even though it says it is: Trying to install Warzone 2100. The installer runs just fine and at the end its says it has been 'installed succesfully on your computer' but there's nothing there. No launcher, no folder anywhere on the system. Anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? 136585
  8. a .msi file won't install due to admin settings even though I'm the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    a .msi file won't install due to admin settings even though I'm the admin: I'm trying to install a .msi file, but the admin settings block it. I'm the admin, but I can't figure out what settings I need to change to allow the file to install. What settings to I need to change?...
  9. Windows 10 Family Restrictions still present even though removed from family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Family Restrictions still present even though removed from family: Hello. I recently logged into my m=Microsoft account on a new PC. My account was previously linked to a family and I was labeled as a child, but I have just removed myself from the family. However, I'm still unable to download certain pieces of software because of the...
  10. No Execute memory - NX Windows 10 installer False NX negative - DEP

in Windows 10 Support
    No Execute memory - NX Windows 10 installer False NX negative - DEP: There Seems to be a severe lack of support for No Execute memory based problems in most motherboards. In fact it would seem (call me crazy) that this is an intentional problem considering the lack of support for NX based problems such as false NX negatives in the windows 10...