Windows 10: Reg. Cleaner

Discus and support Reg. Cleaner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone suggest the best reg cleaner software????? 88825 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Daniels, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Reg. Cleaner

Anyone suggest the best reg cleaner software?????

:)

Ben Daniels, Jul 12, 2017

2. Nokia 6230i Bluetooth sync with PC

Seems to work. Thanks for the help.

I think the key was the Reg Cleaner. I was not aware that this existed.

samwardill---01, Jul 12, 2017
  3. PC Suite installation fails

What you also can try instead of manually removing Nokia reg. files is to run a reg cleaner (like CCleaner)... they mostly find some deep Nokia files that you didn't delete manually...

dance---01, Jul 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Reg. Cleaner

Best recommendation is - don't. There is a long thread on this in the forum. If you really must, try ccleaner, but there are no performance benefits.

And if you do, make sure you back up.

dalchina, Jul 12, 2017
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    CCleaner is a VERY Mild reg cleaner, and the safest one to use. There have been MANY discussions on reg cleaners over the years, both good and bad. dalchina is right, might be a good idea to make a complete image backup using a program like Macrium Reflect, before playing with your registry.

OldMike65, Jul 12, 2017
  6. I use deep cleaning in Wise Registry Cleaner for years, not a single issue. It backups automatically.

TairikuOkami, Jul 12, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    CCleaner does a lot more besides cleaning the registry and I use it regularly along side Disk Clean up to remove old unnecessary files. I particularly appreciate its ability to clean temporary internet files and cookies across all my browsers at once, with the ability to whitelist the cookies I need to keep (like the one for my TenForums login). I NEVER use it to clean my registry - there's really little point, there's no speed benefit to be gained.

8. OldMike65 Win User

Reg. Cleaner

I agree about what CCleaner can do, BUT the OP was only asking about a reg cleaner.

OldMike65, Jul 13, 2017
  9. Wait a sec ...
    1. Cleaning the registry does not improve performance.
    2. Clean the registry anyway (for no good reason).
    3. But backup before you clean (because the cleaner might cause damage).

Summary:
    No benefit. Possible harm. But the harm can be prevented.

So tell me ... why would anyone use a reg cleaner???

margrave55, Jul 13, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    There's basically two mythical reasons why users want to run reg cleaners:

1. Eliminate things that they think are unnecessary,

2. Strive to have the leanest, meanest, fastest PC on the planet!

When actually, leave the Registry alone, and the OS will work fine on it's own!

Edwin, Jul 13, 2017
  11. Trust_No1 Win User
    I have used ccleaner and slimcleaner for over 10 years without issue. I particularly like the reg cleaner, because installing and uninstalling many test softwares, many things can be left behind, it helps keep my reg trimmed down.

Every time I clean mine, it sure seems my units run faster.

but that is just me.

Trust_No1, Jul 13, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    True, things can be left behind. I routinely use Geek Uninstaller if uninstalling - you could use Revo Uninstaller.

dalchina, Jul 13, 2017
  13. Reg. Cleaner

Yes ... mythical ...
    While we're at it ... let's bring back those memory cleaners!
    And the RAM coolers!
    And the hydrodynamic alpha-shielded quantum-infused power cords!

margrave55, Jul 13, 2017
  14. badcrc Win User
    You can jest, but there's a shop in the UK that sells £1,500 power cords.

badcrc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reg. Cleaner

1. Reg. Cleaner - Similar Threads - Reg Cleaner

2. Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down: I have a Dell Inspiron Reg Model P97F and it will not shut down. When I try and shut down the computer it will turn off then turn back on in airplane mode, almost like I just restart it.I have tried so many different things to try and fix this such as uninstalling updates and...
  3. Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down: I have a Dell Inspiron Reg Model P97F and it will not shut down. When I try and shut down the computer it will turn off then turn back on in airplane mode, almost like I just restart it.I have tried so many different things to try and fix this such as uninstalling updates and...
  4. Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help: Hi Please help me with this issue. I'm unable to load EA Sports FC 24 when i click the exe button / play button on EA App Steam. I will attach the error message crash dump error. Also I'm having issues installing windows updates....
  5. Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help

Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help: Hi Please help me with this issue. I'm unable to load EA Sports FC 24 when i click the exe button / play button on EA App Steam. I will attach the error message crash dump error. Also I'm having issues installing windows updates....
  6. Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. can I go from windows 11 pro to reg 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I go from windows 11 pro to reg 11: Does any one know if I should go from windows pro to 11 thanks I just got this laptop today or possibly go back to windows 10? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-go-from-windows-11-pro-to-reg-11/e393112b-59b5-47f5-975a-ac40140dfce6
  8. can I go from windows 11 pro to reg 11

can I go from windows 11 pro to reg 11: Does any one know if I should go from windows pro to 11 thanks I just got this laptop today or possibly go back to windows 10? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-go-from-windows-11-pro-to-reg-11/e393112b-59b5-47f5-975a-ac40140dfce6
  9. Still having problems with Photos Win10 my computer cant run Win11 wont meet the sys reg.

Still having problems with Photos Win10 my computer cant run Win11 wont meet the sys reg.: Thank you for your response. I did all this, and still Live tiles won't work. I did notice that I have a lot of recent files to clear. removing them one by one will take forever. Can you tell me what folder Photos stores these files so I can make a shortcut to make clearing...
  10. Still having problems with Photos Win10 my computer cant run Win11 wont meet the sys reg.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still having problems with Photos Win10 my computer cant run Win11 wont meet the sys reg.: Thank you for your response. I did all this, and still Live tiles won't work. I did notice that I have a lot of recent files to clear. removing them one by one will take forever. Can you tell me what folder Photos stores these files so I can make a shortcut to make clearing...