Windows 10: Reg. Cleaner

Discus and support Reg. Cleaner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone suggest the best reg cleaner software????? 88825 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Daniels, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Reg. Cleaner

Anyone suggest the best reg cleaner software?????

:)

Ben Daniels, Jul 12, 2017

2. Nokia 6230i Bluetooth sync with PC

Seems to work. Thanks for the help.

I think the key was the Reg Cleaner. I was not aware that this existed.

samwardill---01, Jul 12, 2017
  3. PC Suite installation fails

What you also can try instead of manually removing Nokia reg. files is to run a reg cleaner (like CCleaner)... they mostly find some deep Nokia files that you didn't delete manually...

dance---01, Jul 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Reg. Cleaner

Best recommendation is - don't. There is a long thread on this in the forum. If you really must, try ccleaner, but there are no performance benefits.

And if you do, make sure you back up.

dalchina, Jul 12, 2017
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    CCleaner is a VERY Mild reg cleaner, and the safest one to use. There have been MANY discussions on reg cleaners over the years, both good and bad. dalchina is right, might be a good idea to make a complete image backup using a program like Macrium Reflect, before playing with your registry.

OldMike65, Jul 12, 2017
  6. I use deep cleaning in Wise Registry Cleaner for years, not a single issue. It backups automatically.

TairikuOkami, Jul 12, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    CCleaner does a lot more besides cleaning the registry and I use it regularly along side Disk Clean up to remove old unnecessary files. I particularly appreciate its ability to clean temporary internet files and cookies across all my browsers at once, with the ability to whitelist the cookies I need to keep (like the one for my TenForums login). I NEVER use it to clean my registry - there's really little point, there's no speed benefit to be gained.

8. OldMike65 Win User

Reg. Cleaner

I agree about what CCleaner can do, BUT the OP was only asking about a reg cleaner.

OldMike65, Jul 13, 2017
  9. Wait a sec ...
    1. Cleaning the registry does not improve performance.
    2. Clean the registry anyway (for no good reason).
    3. But backup before you clean (because the cleaner might cause damage).

Summary:
    No benefit. Possible harm. But the harm can be prevented.

So tell me ... why would anyone use a reg cleaner???

margrave55, Jul 13, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    There's basically two mythical reasons why users want to run reg cleaners:

1. Eliminate things that they think are unnecessary,

2. Strive to have the leanest, meanest, fastest PC on the planet!

When actually, leave the Registry alone, and the OS will work fine on it's own!

Edwin, Jul 13, 2017
  11. Trust_No1 Win User
    I have used ccleaner and slimcleaner for over 10 years without issue. I particularly like the reg cleaner, because installing and uninstalling many test softwares, many things can be left behind, it helps keep my reg trimmed down.

Every time I clean mine, it sure seems my units run faster.

but that is just me.

Trust_No1, Jul 13, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    True, things can be left behind. I routinely use Geek Uninstaller if uninstalling - you could use Revo Uninstaller.

dalchina, Jul 13, 2017
  13. Reg. Cleaner

Yes ... mythical ...
    While we're at it ... let's bring back those memory cleaners!
    And the RAM coolers!
    And the hydrodynamic alpha-shielded quantum-infused power cords!

margrave55, Jul 13, 2017
  14. badcrc Win User
    You can jest, but there's a shop in the UK that sells £1,500 power cords.

badcrc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reg. Cleaner

1. Reg. Cleaner - Similar Threads - Reg Cleaner

2. Need Help for Windows settings/tweaking via Reg hacking & For NTLite

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help for Windows settings/tweaking via Reg hacking & For NTLite: Hello everyone, firstly, am new here & this is my first post so if I violate any rules please let me know. I need some help regarding windows ISO customization via NTLite Now that the recent 19H1 ISO released, I've downloaded the EN UK x64 Consumer ISO & using latest NTLite...
  3. Reg Edit for run 3rd p AV?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reg Edit for run 3rd p AV?: It's April 2019. Do I still need to run this registry edit in order to get a 3rd party AV to NOT run as a 'protected process'? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-k...g-third-party-antivirus-windows-10 Can't believe I get no search results on this. (Maybe due to the terms I...
  4. Is REGS UTILITIES Published By Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is REGS UTILITIES Published By Microsoft?: An app got into my desktop and I do not know if I should uninstall it. When I went to control panel , app, Regs Utilities, was found. but its publisher listed was 'unknown. Then I went to uninstall, found the app and when I got ready to uninstall it a message...
  5. Windows 10 - GP Reg Edit - Only have Calendar, Power and Sound icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - GP Reg Edit - Only have Calendar, Power and Sound icons on taskbar: Hello, I work in an education environmnet and the students here must only be able to see the Power (battery), Volume/Sound (speakers) and Date/Time (Calendar) on the taskbar and no other icons. Within Group Policy - User Configuration/Policies/Administrative...
  6. WinASO reg. Opt 5.6

in Windows 10 Support
    WinASO reg. Opt 5.6: WinASO registry optimizer 5.6 I have used this for years, not updated, but now win 10, some time since last two updates, wont open and tells me it is blocked. I know is particular program is OK. Still works on my Win 7 laptops. How do I get this program to run? tom 129443
  7. Is deleting content in reg key "PackageList" safe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is deleting content in reg key "PackageList" safe?: I can not open all the Windows Apps on my Windows 10 PC for some days, including the Windows Store, Photos App, etc. They open and close immediately. One solution I came across on the internet was to delete all the reg keys in this address:...
  8. Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file?: Hello, I am trying to modify my registry and I want to APPEND something to the value of a key, like: modify [some\path\to\a\key] "key_name"="original_key_value" to [some\path\to\a\key] "key_name"="original_key_value appended_key_value" using a .REG file. Is...
  9. MAIL, CALANDER MISSING FILES REG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MAIL, CALANDER MISSING FILES REG: Accidentally my MS mails and calendar files are missed. How can I get back and working with them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-calander-missing-files-reg/302f3982-3b24-4c1e-bcb4-d6682a13ac13"
  10. Windows update failed (issue since CCleaner reg clean) (0x80070006)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update failed (issue since CCleaner reg clean) (0x80070006): Hello Folks, Win10 64bit I used CCleaner to perform a registry clean. This was just housekeeping rather than necessity - I will avoid any unnecessary registry fiddling in the future. I have an error notification on the taskbar notification tray saying my device is...