Windows 10: .reg file error

Discus and support .reg file error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I tried to change windows 10 font style by running a reg file- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MyiDevice, Aug 13, 2019.

1. MyiDevice Win User

.reg file error

Hi,I tried to change windows 10 font style by running a reg file-

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
    "Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="Comic Sans MS"

But the Windows got stuck at lock screen. However, it can run in safe mode. When i tried to run the .reg file again with default font style, I got "comd....dll missing". I've tried "sfc /scannow" but got "couldn't fix...". The system restore point that I created before running reg file is not working from recovery drive. Restoring from system image gives following error-

.reg file error [​IMG]

How can I fix this without losing my data?

:)

MyiDevice, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Import reg file in a batch file

I suggest that, as a first step, you edit the batch file so it captures the errorlevel after the reg import command.

- Something simple such asecho The reg import command result is - %ErrorLevel% will do as long as long as you put it in as the line straight after the reg import command and then put aPause command in as the next line [before restarting explorer] so you can have a look.

- Checking the errorlevel will tell you whether reg import thinks it has completed correctly or not.
    - While you are checking the errorlevel you could also go to the Registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] to see what has happened to it [make sure you Refresh the view if you were already at that key beforehand]

I have never used reg import but I know there are optional arguments for 32/64 bit items so perhaps you might investigate them
    - enter reg import /? >RegImport.txt in a command prompt to save the Help guidance that mentions these switches.
    - I do not think these switches are relevant but I have never investigated their use properly.
    - For all I know, the problem might be as simple as reg import not being able to handle the comment lines, such as ; Cartella utente, properly

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Windows 10 regedit cannot import a reg file

This is an old question but see that the original poster never replied to your question. I have the same problem.

Windows 10, 64 bit, reg file is a ".reg" extension. The reg file was an export from the notepad registry item and am trying to force settings on my end users with the reg-hack when they login. I get the same error as the gentleman above and am not sure how
    to solve it. I have done reg hacks for many years with Win98-Win7 without any issues.

I have also opened the reg hack up with notepad and re-saved so the file isn't corrupted. I am also admin for our entire ms network which I thought might be the problem. I also added a command line switch "/reg:64" which one poster suggested would solve
    it but while the error goes away and it appears to run, nothing in the registry actually changes.

Thanks in advance if you're still listening (I hope)!

Dan M

Daniel Marvin, Aug 13, 2019
  4. .reg file error

Windows 10 regedit cannot import a reg file

I also have this problem in Windows10 and full admin rights. A .reg file intended to solve the Night Light problem was imported as successfully, however

data of the registry has not changed!

Who can help??

Regards, Albert

AlbertBakker, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

.reg file error

1. .reg file error - Similar Threads - reg file error

2. How to create a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a .reg file?: I wanted to know how to create a .reg file in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-reg-file/2b6be1e5-3228-47ad-ba44-758e0a97dfc9
  3. New .reg file but not blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    New .reg file but not blank: Hey guys! It is a part of script after clean install to add bat,ps1,reg,vbs to new context menu REG ADD "HKCR\.ps1\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f REG ADD "HKCR\.reg\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f REG ADD "HKCR\.bat\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d...
  4. Reg file Please

Reg file Please: Hello Had a look round the net to see if I can find a reg file to remove digital signatures tab in Windows 10 1809 x64 context menu properties for .exe files.Plenty of other edits but none for what I need. Does anyone have such a reg file or can point me to regedit to remove...
  5. Adapting .REG Files.

Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  6. Adapting .REG Files.

Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  7. Import reg file in a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Import reg file in a batch file: Hi, i've a reg file to mod windows 10 that works properly, but if i import it in a batch file it doesn't work. this is the reg file i've called Windows10.reg Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  8. Downloading a reg file.

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading a reg file.: This is not a problem just a observation. I noticed something strange when I went to download Brink's reg file to bring back the Photo Viewer. Either Pale Moon or Windows 10 thinks it's a .TS video file. [img] Has anyone else notice this when downloading a reg file? 40086
  9. Set File Association with .reg File

Set File Association with .reg File: Hi, i have a problem with File Associations in Windows (Build 1607). I want to set a File Association for .pdf so that i can start .pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and not with Microsoft Edge (default). It is possible if i change it over System -> Default Apps...
  10. Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.: ...There may be a disk or file system error. Happens when double-clicking reg-file on the NAS-share, which is mapped as a network drive. User is a user with admin rights (membership of Administrators group), and it is the first and only user that was created while W10 was...