Windows 10: Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder

Discus and support Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I found this, which I added to the registry but the right click option to unblock files / folders hasnt appeared any help please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by reddwarf4ever, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder

Hi I found this, which I added to the registry but the right click option to unblock files / folders hasnt appeared

any help please

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jan 15, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Switch mouse buttons globally

Hmmm . . .

Mouse settings in Windows can only be set per user . . .

The only way I can think of doing that is with a batch file

Put the code below into a batch file and store the batch somewhere on the PC

REG load HKEY_USERS\TempHive "C:\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT"

REG ADD HKEY_USERS\TempHive\Control Panel\Mouse /V ENTERVALUEHERE /T REG_SZ /D ENTERDATAHERE /F

REG unload HKEY_USERS\TempHive

Then add a shortcut to the batch in the Windows Common Startup folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

DaveM121, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 does anyone know why Folders under This PC cannot be created?

The reg files you can download here:

Remove Folders from "This PC"

Also have reg files to restore the System Folders (Documents. Pics. Music, Etc)

"This PC" is a namespace folder, not a file system folder, so you can't create files or folders there. But the network shortcuts that are displayed come from the folder:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts

This is most easily accessed through the Run dialog: <WinKey> + R

and typing: Shell:NetHood.

You can place regular shortcuts here & they will display under Network Locations.

Good Luck

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jan 15, 2017
  4. fdegrove Win User

Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder

Hi,

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\unblockfile] @="Unblock file" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\unblockfile\command] @="cmd /c streams -d \"%1\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\unblockallthefiles] @="Unblock the files inside" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\unblockallthefiles\command] @="cmd /c streams.exe -d -s \"%1\""[/quote]
    This ought to do the trick but make sure to DL from Sysinternals and copy "Streams.exe to %windir%\system32.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 16, 2017
  5. Thanks, did you modify the text, or is it the same ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jan 17, 2017
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

No, but it works for me.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 17, 2017
  7. Good enough for me.....when I tried it I got a message that the file I was trying to unlock was not associated with the unblock command, or something similar and was not available for folders

8. Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder

says cannot import it is not a registry script

9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Are you sure you saved the file as a .reg file ?

It works just fine for me.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 18, 2017
  10. Yes I did......can the file you created be attached to this post ?

reddwarf4ever, Jan 18, 2017
  11. Thank you it worked perfectly....handy one to have I think

reddwarf4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder

1. Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder - Similar Threads - Reg file batch

2. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  3. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  4. Batch file for creating the folders the same as other and remove some character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch file for creating the folders the same as other and remove some character: Dear All,I hope all goes well. Please kindly see the following pictures. Pic 1 is the current situation and pic 2 is the desire one. Could you let me know what is the batch file for doing this activity.Pic 1 :Pic 2:Note: In Pic2 : First I have to create a new folders without...
  5. Batch file for creating the folders the same as other and remove some character

Batch file for creating the folders the same as other and remove some character: Dear All,I hope all goes well. Please kindly see the following pictures. Pic 1 is the current situation and pic 2 is the desire one. Could you let me know what is the batch file for doing this activity.Pic 1 :Pic 2:Note: In Pic2 : First I have to create a new folders without...
  6. REG ADD works from cmdline but not batch

in Windows 10 Support
    REG ADD works from cmdline but not batch: I've been trying to figure this one out and I'm sure it's something simple I've missed. This will add a reg entry to a local pc when used from an elevated cmd prompt, but doesn't work when I run it in a .cmd file with run as admin? reg add...
  7. removing files from the download folder...

in Windows 10 Support
    removing files from the download folder...: I have 2 separate folders for downloads - This PC/downloads and C:/Users/username/downloads. The content seems to be the same - programs, updates, fonts etc. Today I ran AdvancedSystem Care (I know a lot you you are totally against this program!!), and it found more than 3...
  8. Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software

Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software: Looking for recommendations for software that handles automatic batch folder creation according to defined rules. Also looking for software that handles automatic file and folder moving into more than one directory according to selection criteria (size, date, extension,...
  9. Import reg file in a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Import reg file in a batch file: Hi, i've a reg file to mod windows 10 that works properly, but if i import it in a batch file it doesn't work. this is the reg file i've called Windows10.reg Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  10. Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

in Windows 10 Support
    Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning": Hi guys, Is there a reg/batch script or group policy to turn off this annoying screen in Windows 10? [img] I know it can be disabled somewehre in IE options but I need it to be a a script or something. 45444