Windows 10: Reg File to Set Up a New System

Discus and support Reg File to Set Up a New System in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an OS is installed, it needs to be set up. In Win 7, it was easy. Two groups of settings needed to be changed, and the rest was mainly drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WandererReece, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Reg File to Set Up a New System

After an OS is installed, it needs to be set up. In Win 7, it was easy. Two groups of settings needed to be changed, and the rest was mainly drivers and personal preferences. However, Win 10 is a mess that takes a couple hours to properly set up. So, I spent about three days working on this Reg File.

The purpose of this file is simple: Automatically do what takes me a couple hours to do, get Win 10 straightened out. This file will do almost everything. It will even remove the recycle bin from the desktop!

What does it do? The better question is; What doesn't it do? It can't turn off Swiftkey. I still haven't found the required registry setting.

To properly take effect, the following steps must be taken.
    1. Run file.
    2. Restart Explorer (NOT PC!)
    3. Restart PC.
    It may seem weird, but at least one change won't take effect unless the above steps are followed.

"Seriously, what does the file do?" Ok here's the list:
    Autoplay Memory Card Open Folder
    Autoplay Removable Drive Open Folder
    Disable Auto Sign-In
    Disable Background Blur
    Disable Bing (Web Search)
    Disable Cortana
    Disable Feedback
    Disable Lock Screen
    Display Full Path
    Enable Scroll Bars
    Explorer Open This PC
    Fix Task Manager
    Hide Badges
    Hide Frequently Used Files
    Hide Recycle Bin
    Lock Taskbar
    Move Taskbar
    Remove 3d Objects From This PC
    Remove All Apps List
    Remove Desktop From This PC
    Remove Documents From This PC
    Remove Downloads From This PC
    Remove Music From This PC
    Remove Pictures From This PC
    Remove Videos From This PC
    Send Basic Diagnostic Data
    Show Extentions
    Show Hidden Drives
    Show Hidden Files
    Turn Off Ad ID
    Turn Off AI Insights
    Turn Off Account Info Access
    Turn Off App Diagnostics Access
    Turn Off App Launch Tracking
    Turn Off Background Apps
    Turn Off BSOD Restart
    Turn Off Calendar Access
    Turn Off Call History Access
    Turn Off Camera Access
    Turn Off Communicate With Other Devices
    Turn Off Contacts Access
    Turn Off Documents Access
    Turn Off Email Access
    Turn Off File System Access
    Turn Off Game Bar
    Turn Off Game Mode
    Turn Off Getting To Know You
    Turn Off Language Access
    Turn Off Location Access
    Turn Off Manage Printer
    Turn Off Map Auto Update
    Turn Off Messaging Access
    Turn Off Microphone Access
    Turn Off Notifications Access
    Turn Off Online Sign-Up
    Turn Off Phone Calls Access
    Turn Off Pictures Access
    Turn Off Radios Access
    Turn Off Speech Recognition
    Turn Off Sticky Keys
    Turn Off Suggested Content
    Turn Off Tasks Access
    Turn Off Tailored Experiences
    Turn Off Timeline
    Turn Off Tips
    Turn Off UAC Screen Dim
    Turn Off Videos Access
    Turn Off Welcome

:)

WandererReece, Dec 29, 2020

2. Adapting .REG Files.

Thanks KeithM for the suggestions.

I will have a go at that later!

I assume that I can add the completed working menu to ALL 7 sections that you have listed to make it available wherever I am in the OS, is that correct please?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Black, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File system errors

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. . I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide
    you better assistance.

• Did you made any system changes prior to this issue?
    Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue is resolved.

Method 1:

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to create
    a new account by following the below given steps and check if everything works fine in new account:

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    Sign-out from the current User account and sign in to new User account and check.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Reg File to Set Up a New System

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Reg File to Set Up a New System

1. Reg File to Set Up a New System - Similar Threads - Reg File Set

2. New .reg file but not blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    New .reg file but not blank: Hey guys! It is a part of script after clean install to add bat,ps1,reg,vbs to new context menu REG ADD "HKCR\.ps1\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f REG ADD "HKCR\.reg\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f REG ADD "HKCR\.bat\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d...
  3. Set up dump file for system failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Set up dump file for system failure: HELP! I have been getting a number of system failures. My PC has Windows 10 Pro installed, version 2004, with 8Gb RAM. The C drive has 183Gb free space, and the external HDD has 438Gb free. To enable debugging how much paging space should I set up, and which dump file should...
  4. Reg file Please

Reg file Please: Hello Had a look round the net to see if I can find a reg file to remove digital signatures tab in Windows 10 1809 x64 context menu properties for .exe files.Plenty of other edits but none for what I need. Does anyone have such a reg file or can point me to regedit to remove...
  5. Adapting .REG Files.

Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  6. Adapting .REG Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  7. Adding a reg file for start-up in the mornings.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adding a reg file for start-up in the mornings.: I am the only user of my computer & @ 82 y.o.; it’ my link to the outside world. Is there a .reg file that I can download & add to my computer to bypass Windows logon every morning? My computer is running Windows 10 Pro Version10.0.18363. I had to do a recovery of the o.s....
  8. .reg file error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .reg file error: Hi,I tried to change windows 10 font style by running a reg file- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe...
  9. Downloading a reg file.

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading a reg file.: This is not a problem just a observation. I noticed something strange when I went to download Brink's reg file to bring back the Photo Viewer. Either Pale Moon or Windows 10 thinks it's a .TS video file. [img] Has anyone else notice this when downloading a reg file? 40086
  10. Set File Association with .reg File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set File Association with .reg File: Hi, i have a problem with File Associations in Windows (Build 1607). I want to set a File Association for .pdf so that i can start .pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and not with Microsoft Edge (default). It is possible if i change it over System -> Default Apps...