Windows 10: REG files needed to finish Customisation of OS.

Discus and support REG files needed to finish Customisation of OS. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I will be performing a Clean Install over the next few days. I have pretty much got all the REG files that I need [ around 250 ]. I know that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Black, Apr 19, 2021.

1. REG files needed to finish Customisation of OS.

I will be performing a Clean Install over the next few days. I have pretty much got all the REG files that I need [ around 250 ]. I know that I can just click Off but since I have put a lot of time and effort into this I would ideally like to have REG files. There are only a few but I just can't seem to find them. These are ALL in Privacy . . .

REG files needed to finish Customisation of OS. [​IMG]

As I said, I want to do this with REG files using Turn Off as opposed to Disable, NOT by clicking the Off radio button please.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul Black, Apr 19, 2021

2. Reg File to Set Up a New System

Hello @WandererReece,

Out of interest, do you know which file it is?
    That is a very interesting REG file of yours. *Thumbs

I take a different approach to yours with regard to customisation.

I always customise my ISO before creating the installation media. Once the OS is installed, I then have some 100 or so [ all single files in a folder ] .bat, .reg, and .ps1 files that I use to further customise the OS. This takes very little time as I have a master Batch Script that cycles through the folder and runs ALL the .bat files. I have a master Batch Script that cycles through the folder and runs ALL the .reg files. I have a master PowerShell Script that cycles through the folder and runs ALL the .ps1 files.

I also have a separate folder that has ALL the files needed to reverse/undo ANY of those customisations, I just click that particular file and it's done.

Using my method above, I can easily add or remove ANY customisation without having to re-write any Scripts.

Paul Black, Apr 19, 2021
  3. YanAndrew Win User
    Customising the Different Image Files on Windows 10

Hello Guys,

I am trying to customise the various image files (bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, png, svg, tif and tiff) on Windows 10 and noticed the following:

1. the bmp, gif, png, jpeg, jpg and svg files are all programmed to use the same icon. Changing the icon for one will result in the other image files using the same new icon; and
    2. the tif and tiff files cannot be changed.

The way I do it is I use File Type Manager to locate the default icons key for each file in the registry and change the icon from there (this is because File Type Manager hangs whenever I try to change an icon using it).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could go about:

1. customising the different image files to use different icons for each one; and
    2. changing the tif and tiff image file icons?

Much appreciate any guidance / advice.

Thank you,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Apr 19, 2021
  4. REG files needed to finish Customisation of OS.

Adapting .REG Files.

Thanks KeithM for the suggestions.

I will have a go at that later!

I assume that I can add the completed working menu to ALL 7 sections that you have listed to make it available wherever I am in the OS, is that correct please?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Black, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

REG files needed to finish Customisation of OS.

1. REG files needed to finish Customisation of OS. - Similar Threads - REG files needed

2. reg deletions need undoing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reg deletions need undoing?: Pursuing a suggested fix for Windows 10 telling me "managed by your organization", I performed the list of register deletions suggested at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managed-by-your-organisation/0999e782-6bdd-40c8-ab1c-87998c72cd46, by DaveM121. The...
  3. reg deletions need undoing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reg deletions need undoing?: Pursuing a suggested fix for Windows 10 telling me "managed by your organization", I performed the list of register deletions suggested at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managed-by-your-organisation/0999e782-6bdd-40c8-ab1c-87998c72cd46, by DaveM121. The...
  4. reg deletions need undoing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Customising File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Customising File Explorer?: How can I get file explorer columns to always open in the configuration I want? So, I want columns to be in a specific order. Size - length - date - etc. When I set them and close explorer they revert back to their original order, how do I stop that? And how do i set it to...
  6. Customising File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Customising File Explorer?: How can I get file explorer columns to always open in the configuration I want? So, I want columns to be in a specific order. Size - length - date - etc. When I set them and close explorer they revert back to their original order, how do I stop that? And how do i set it to...
  7. Reg file Please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reg file Please: Hello Had a look round the net to see if I can find a reg file to remove digital signatures tab in Windows 10 1809 x64 context menu properties for .exe files.Plenty of other edits but none for what I need. Does anyone have such a reg file or can point me to regedit to remove...
  8. Adapting .REG Files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  9. Adapting .REG Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  10. .reg file error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .reg file error: Hi,I tried to change windows 10 font style by running a reg file- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe...