Windows 10: REG Import

Discus and support REG Import in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I am putting a Batch file together that involves exporting and importing the Registry. However, I have a question. I am only posting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paul Black, Dec 7, 2020.

1. REG Import

Good afternoon,

I am putting a Batch file together that involves exporting and importing the Registry. However, I have a question. I am only posting the relevant parts of the code instead of the whole code.

To export the Registry I am using . . .
    Code:
    To import the Registry I am using . . .
    Code:
    My question is, which ONE of the below should I use in place of the XXXXXXXXX's please?
    Code:
    There seems to be differing opinions on the Net!

Thanks.

:)

Paul Black, Dec 7, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Import reg file in a batch file

I suggest that, as a first step, you edit the batch file so it captures the errorlevel after the reg import command.

- Something simple such asecho The reg import command result is - %ErrorLevel% will do as long as long as you put it in as the line straight after the reg import command and then put aPause command in as the next line [before restarting explorer] so you can have a look.

- Checking the errorlevel will tell you whether reg import thinks it has completed correctly or not.
    - While you are checking the errorlevel you could also go to the Registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] to see what has happened to it [make sure you Refresh the view if you were already at that key beforehand]

I have never used reg import but I know there are optional arguments for 32/64 bit items so perhaps you might investigate them
    - enter reg import /? >RegImport.txt in a command prompt to save the Help guidance that mentions these switches.
    - I do not think these switches are relevant but I have never investigated their use properly.
    - For all I know, the problem might be as simple as reg import not being able to handle the comment lines, such as ; Cartella utente, properly

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 regedit cannot import a reg file

I also have this problem in Windows10 and full admin rights. A .reg file intended to solve the Night Light problem was imported as successfully, however

data of the registry has not changed!

Who can help??

Regards, Albert

AlbertBakker, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

REG Import

Windows 10 regedit cannot import a reg file

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Did you save the reg file on the same computer?

have you saved the registry file as ".reg"?
    Is the issue specific to this particular reg file?

Are you trying to import a reg file from another computer?

Please answer to these question to assist you better.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

REG Import

1. REG Import - Similar Threads - REG Import

2. Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down: I have a Dell Inspiron Reg Model P97F and it will not shut down. When I try and shut down the computer it will turn off then turn back on in airplane mode, almost like I just restart it.I have tried so many different things to try and fix this such as uninstalling updates and...
  3. Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down: I have a Dell Inspiron Reg Model P97F and it will not shut down. When I try and shut down the computer it will turn off then turn back on in airplane mode, almost like I just restart it.I have tried so many different things to try and fix this such as uninstalling updates and...
  4. Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help: Hi Please help me with this issue. I'm unable to load EA Sports FC 24 when i click the exe button / play button on EA App Steam. I will attach the error message crash dump error. Also I'm having issues installing windows updates....
  5. Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help: Hi Please help me with this issue. I'm unable to load EA Sports FC 24 when i click the exe button / play button on EA App Steam. I will attach the error message crash dump error. Also I'm having issues installing windows updates....
  6. Reg unable to load EA Sports FC 24 getting an crash report handler error crash dump please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Import reg file in a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Import reg file in a batch file: Hi, i've a reg file to mod windows 10 that works properly, but if i import it in a batch file it doesn't work. this is the reg file i've called Windows10.reg Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  8. Question: How can I import .REG files to a non-booting Windows?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question: How can I import .REG files to a non-booting Windows?: Hey everyone, Today I used a registry cleaner to fix my slow system, but instead of repairing it it made my PC stuck in user login bootloop, but thankfully they backed up the registry and I have it. So the question is, how can I import the registry in this non-booting PC?...
  9. Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.: ...There may be a disk or file system error. Happens when double-clicking reg-file on the NAS-share, which is mapped as a network drive. User is a user with admin rights (membership of Administrators group), and it is the first and only user that was created while W10 was...
  10. A REGISTRY mystery - reg file doesn't import properly

in Windows 10 Support
    A REGISTRY mystery - reg file doesn't import properly: I have imported hundreds of reg files into every windows build since 95, now I run into another W10 mystery. I have a complete export of the key REPETIER. When I import it some REG_SZ entries do not import. This is an unmodified export of a sub-key under Repetier. reg...