Windows 10: Reg using multiple monitors

Discus and support Reg using multiple monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello guys, so I am attending classes, on my windows laptop, we use MS teams for the classroom interface, but sometimes the classes do get boring, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/darklord451616, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Reg using multiple monitors

hello guys, so I am attending classes, on my windows laptop, we use MS teams for the classroom interface, but sometimes the classes do get boring, and I want to work on few other projects that would be like a better use of my time.

I have a usb c external monitor, which I use sometimes, so I wanted to know if there is way to use, the team's interface on my laptop and simultaneously use my monitor for my projects? any in built windows 10 feature or any third-party tool?

right now, the built-in functions only let me use one display at a time, or duplicate my main display to my secondary display.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/darklord451616
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/darklord451616, Aug 10, 2020

2. Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2020
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Reg using multiple monitors

Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

Hi James,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set up this other user account on only one monitor but with a different set of mouse and keyboard?
    • Are going to be using the same CPU on these four monitors?
    If the above questions are true, the setup that you currently have is not possible. You would be needing to use a third party software and external additional hardware to separate the keyboard and the mouse.

You can read about KVM switch and setting up multiple users with

KVM switch

For a thorough assistance regarding your concern, we suggest that you also post this concern through our Technet Forums, visit this

link

For more information about multiple user setup, visit this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

• They will be using the same mouse and keyboard on the same PC.
    • The only difference is when one user logs on it will use only 1 of the 4 monitors and when the other user logs on it will use 3 or all of the monitors what ever they choose

JamesSalisbury01, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Reg using multiple monitors

1. Reg using multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Reg using multiple

2. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  3. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  4. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't get applications to use multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get applications to use multiple monitors: Despite my display being set to extend the desktop, I cannot get any fullscreen applications to use all 3 monitors like I want. While I do normally use my second and third monitors for multitasking, there are times where I want to be able to actually use them for the games...
  6. Can't get applications to use multiple monitors

Can't get applications to use multiple monitors: Despite my display being set to extend the desktop, I cannot get any fullscreen applications to use all 3 monitors like I want. While I do normally use my second and third monitors for multitasking, there are times where I want to be able to actually use them for the games...
  7. Can't get applications to use multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Multiple Monitors

Multiple Monitors: Hi, I have been using 2 monitors for some time now but wanted to add a third - I can plug the monitor in and it is detected - I can line it up that it is displaying in the right order but it wont let me adjust the Screen Size or Resolution. The third monitor appears small...
  9. Magnifier options while using multiple monitors

Magnifier options while using multiple monitors: I have my laptop in my living room here with a long HDMI cord going to the tv so if, for example, someone else living here wants to watch something on Netflix or another streaming site i don't have a smart tv they can while i watch what i want on my laptop screen with...
  10. Use of Multiple monitor

Use of Multiple monitor: Sir I have connected second monitor to my laptop through HDMI cable. Is it possible to use these two monitors for two different task. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-multiple-monitor/67b0de2a-e552-4b5c-b375-f076aeb20415