Windows 10: Regarding Account Type

Discus and support Regarding Account Type in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am a windows user in my own laptop with only one user in it i.e., The Administrator type .I unknowingly changed administrator account type to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Vani Sai KumarKomarraju, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Regarding Account Type

I am a windows user in my own laptop with only one user in it i.e., The Administrator type .I unknowingly changed administrator account type to standard user type.Now my laptop is running without Administrator. So help me in switching to Administrator account type from Standard account type.

:)

Vani Sai KumarKomarraju, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I can't change my account type to administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create a new user account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select Command Prompt, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Regarding Account Type

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Regarding Account Type

1. Regarding Account Type - Similar Threads - Regarding Account Type

2. Regarding WDAGUtility account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding WDAGUtility account: I updated to Windows 11 22H2 today, I have a windows 11 home edition now i dont know how but i somehow enabled WDAGUtility now it has a account named Administrator and it can access my C drive without even need to entering password. How to disable it?...
  3. Regarding WDAGUtility account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding WDAGUtility account: I updated to Windows 11 22H2 today, I have a windows 11 home edition now i dont know how but i somehow enabled WDAGUtility now it has a account named Administrator and it can access my C drive without even need to entering password. How to disable it?...
  4. Regarding Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Regarding Accounts: I just bought a new laptop. While setting it up, I chose personal account instead of Organisation account. Now, I want to change the account from personal to Business one. If anyone has any ideas regarding this, I would happy to try them out....
  5. Regarding Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Accounts: I just bought a new laptop. While setting it up, I chose personal account instead of Organisation account. Now, I want to change the account from personal to Business one. If anyone have any ideas regarding this, I would happy to try them out....
  6. Regarding Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Accounts: I just bought a new laptop. While setting it up, I chose personal account instead of Organisation account. Now, I want to change the account from personal to Business one. If anyone have any ideas regarding this, I would happy to try them out....
  7. Regarding Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Regarding ms account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding ms account: I bought a new laptop with inbuilt MS office student. My old laptop also had inbuilt MS office student. Can I use the existing microsoft account in my new laptop? Is it possible to access the files created using onenote in the new laptop?...
  9. Regarding Accounts..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Accounts..: In setting when i open ''accounts'' tab and click "your info" Its shows i am an "administrator".. Now when i click on "sign with local account instead" nothing happens... Conclusion: i am not able to sign in with a local account ....
  10. regarding my account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    regarding my account: I opened my cmd and typed =net user administrator /active:yes,and logged in my administrator account.I sign out my account and logged in with my default account.but after login,I found that everything was missing which i installed on my desktop,i lost my all accounts like...