Windows 10: Regarding Background Services

Discus and support Regarding Background Services in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Question: Is there a way to run a game in the background where windows accepts all inputs i.e. keystrokes as if it's in the foreground? My Issue: I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Krieg 1, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Krieg 1 Win User

Regarding Background Services

Question: Is there a way to run a game in the background where windows accepts all inputs i.e. keystrokes as if it's in the foreground?

My Issue: I recently purchased MSFS which is fantastic. I was having an issue where my frames were dropping from mid 30's to 1 then held for a second or two then jumped back to mid 30's. While troubleshooting the issue i noticed something very peculiar. If I have anything, say notebook, open in front of the game it was running with zero frame drops. In fact, i gain about 10 frames ending up mid 40's. My inputs from my flight stick still work so i can still play.

So, if i open notebook, make it as small as possible, drag it to the bottom of the screen I gain 10 frames, have no stutters and can still play. The issue is i can't use any keyboard commands, obviously, as the notepad is in the foreground.

Is there a way to emulate this or force something to run in the background so i can get the same results and use my keyboard as well? I understand that's a counterintuitive question but i figured the smart folks over at Microsoft may have a cheeky solution. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance Regarding Background Services :D

:)

Krieg 1, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

regarding background personalize settings

Hi Singh,

The Some setting are managed by your organization message usually appears if there is any changes happened on the Registry Editor or Group policy Editor. We suggest editing the Group Policy by following the steps below:

• Open Group Policy by typing it in the search box.
    • Look for Administrative Templates and click on it.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Prevent changing desktop background and it will open an new window.
    • Select Disable on the choices and click Apply.

Once the changes were made, try to customize your background again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

Let's try disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) via Command Prompt by following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Run/type msconfig.
    • Click on Services tab.
    • Remove check mark on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Hello Kerry,

TMP files are temporary files that are created to temporarily hold data on your computer while you are using a specific software application. Since it is just a temporary files, it is safe to say that there are no consequences when you delete.

I suggest that you use the Disk cleanup tool to delete the temporary files. Here's how:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Disk cleanup in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    2. Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    3. Select OK.

If you want to temporarily disable the Background Intelligent Transfer Service to manually delete the said file, just follow these steps.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Services in the search box and hit Enter.
    2. In the Services window, look for and right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and choose Properties.
    3. If you want to stop it from running, just hit the Stop button under
      Service Status, but if you want to disable it, change the option in
      Startup type to Disabled, hit Apply, then
      OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Jay Jap, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Regarding Background Services - Similar Threads - Regarding Background Services

2. Windows Background Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Background Services: Are Windows Background Services essential and if not how can they be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-background-services/f77281c9-0ef6-40b3-9a89-e30eabd29ada
  3. Windows Background Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Background Services: Are Windows Background Services essential and if not how can they be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-background-services/f77281c9-0ef6-40b3-9a89-e30eabd29ada
  4. Policy question regarding Start backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Policy question regarding Start backgrounds: What are the 20 Start backgrounds that can be forced as a Group Policy? Are these for the start menu itself?A policy exists where if you set a number between 1 and 20, you will get a forced background -- i am curious if this only applies to 'new' user profiles.The policy has...
  5. Policy question regarding Start backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Policy question regarding Start backgrounds: What are the 20 Start backgrounds that can be forced as a Group Policy? Are these for the start menu itself?A policy exists where if you set a number between 1 and 20, you will get a forced background -- i am curious if this only applies to 'new' user profiles.The policy has...
  6. Regarding missing service of windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding missing service of windows update: My windows update service is missing and I tried every method from online videos yet it is not helping so it will be helpful if any advice can be provided....
  7. Regarding Background of the tiles in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Background of the tiles in start menu: Hello everyone ! I had a small issue with the bacground colour of a tile of 'Google Chrome' in my sart menu. Sometime pictures explain problems better than words so here's how it look's like. Please tell me how can i change the background of this tile and make it match with...
  8. Regarding SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION error: My system details are as follows:- Microsoft Windows Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804 Sometimes my laptop suddenly shows errorSYSTEM ERROR EXCEPTION with blue screen. After few minutes it shut down. And when i reopen it, it works properly. What is the reason...
  9. with regarding to lot of background data consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    with regarding to lot of background data consumption: Hi, I am using a HP laptop with windows 10 home single language edition, version 1803 with 64 bit operating system and when I check the Data Usage, system usage is very high. When I activate a new data package within few minutes it is over, I don't even have a...
  10. Regarding HP charger service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding HP charger service: I have purchased HP laptop just couple of months back but, as of now charger is not working.So, I would like to get a new charger as I have warranty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-hp-charger-service/264da1fa-3f79-43c6-8eb1-eef1bdd22652