Windows 10: Regarding Bit locked Drive

Discus and support Regarding Bit locked Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, I use CMD in admin mode to lock my bit locked drive but the command for the same makes use of "-forcedismount ". Is it safe to dismount your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Punzu, May 8, 2022.

1. Punzu Win User

Regarding Bit locked Drive

Greetings, I use CMD in admin mode to lock my bit locked drive but the command for the same makes use of "-forcedismount ". Is it safe to dismount your drive like this manually? Does it risk my data? Also, if there is any other risk, please edify me.Thank You.

:)

Punzu, May 8, 2022
  2. little cat, May 8, 2022
  3. Drive has been locked with Bitlocker after Windows Reset (Bit Locker / Microsoft account has not configured)

Dear Microsoft,

1. I have Pre-Installed Windows 10 Home Edition in Dell Laptop.
    2. Due to some performance issue, I have done Windows Reset which done successfully & work fine.
    3. After that, 1 Drive(F Drive) has been lock out of 3 Drive (C Drive – D Drive -E Drive).
    4. By clicking it shows Bit Locker activated & asking for Key to unlock.

I heard first time for Bitlocker after getting pop message.

Please note below remarks;

1. I am the 1st user of this laptop provided by my organisation.
    2. I have not created any of Microsoft account & linked with this laptop.
    3. I have not activate Bit Locker during period of usage (since 1st day of use to till reset of Windows).
    4. I am using two email : one is of office365 official id & second is gmail personal id.
    5. I have logged in login.live.com by gmail id but not found any devices details.
    6. I have tried to logged in by office365 id, but not having such id in
      login.live.com

Requested to kindly suggest the needful steps to unlock the drive / retrieve data of locked drive.

Pinkesh Bhatt

AFC-Pinkesh, May 8, 2022
  4. Regarding Bit locked Drive

Unable to upgrade to windows 10 (locked drive)

Hi Leebar lett,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you encrypted the hard drive where Windows 7 is installed?
      • Is the system connected to domain?
      • Have you enabled Bit locker?
    The error may occur if the hard drive is locked or encrypted. You need to unlock the drive before you re install Windows. If you have encrypted the hard drive, I suggest you to decrypt the hard drive and check if you are able to install Windows 10.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Regarding Bit locked Drive

1. Regarding Bit locked Drive - Similar Threads - Regarding Bit locked

2. Bit lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit lock: I bought a used PC from the pawn shop. The shop says the lost the pin code. I tried to hard reset and I get a screen asking for recovery a key. I don't have one. So I tried to do a clean install the using win install tool but when Win install loads up. It doesn't show any...
  3. Regarding bit locker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding bit locker: Hello sir mam during window update i shutdown my laptop next day when i open it asking for bitlocker key and i dont have bit locker key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-bit-locker/84541707-0028-439e-8cbe-f7ad2afa43c5
  4. Regarding bit locker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding bit locker: Hello sir mam during window update i shutdown my laptop next day when i open it asking for bitlocker key and i dont have bit locker key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-bit-locker/84541707-0028-439e-8cbe-f7ad2afa43c5
  5. Regarding bit locker

6. Regarding Bit locked Drive

Regarding Bit locked Drive: Greetings, I use CMD in admin mode to lock my bit locked drive but the command for the same makes use of "-forcedismount ". Is it safe to dismount your drive like this manually? Does it risk my data? Also, if there is any other risk, please edify me.Thank You....
  7. Regarding Bit locked Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Bit locked Drive: Greetings, I use CMD in admin mode to lock my bit locked drive but the command for the same makes use of "-forcedismount ". Is it safe to dismount your drive like this manually? Does it risk my data? Also, if there is any other risk, please edify me.Thank You....
  8. Regarding the bit locker recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding the bit locker recovery: [IMG]Hello guys My computer has been locked by bit locker. It requires bit locker keys. I have that keys in my microsoft keys and i used that keys for bit locker recovery but it does not work. I am using windows 10 home version. Please help me to out this....
  9. Bit Locked Drive Disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bit Locked Drive Disabled: Hi Everyone, Bit-Locker drive is disabled on my local C drive. The error message reads: This drive cannot be encrypted. Specs: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise N Version: 1803 OS build: 17134.860 See, screenshot image below: [ATTACH] Secondly, device encryption...
  10. Regarding to lock my hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding to lock my hard drive: I have licensed windows 10 home OS. How can I lock my hard drives ? My laptop does not have bitlocker software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/regarding-to-lock-my-hard-drive/cff8e274-acaf-4262-892c-a8764bbad280"