Windows 10: regarding cortana searh result

Discus and support regarding cortana searh result in Cortana to solve the problem; my cortana search is not working , as in it do not show any result whenever i try to search anything... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by priyanshuagarwal2, Apr 6, 2019.

1. regarding cortana searh result

my cortana search is not working , as in it do not show any result whenever i try to search anything

:)

priyanshuagarwal2, Apr 6, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

It seems that Cortana is not configured to use Microsoft Edge. To ensure that Cortana will use Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the More (. . .) icon, then click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.
    • Under Privacy and services, toggle on Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge.

If Cortana still opens web pages using Internet Explorer, then we suggest that you restart your computer to apply the changes. Once your computer is up, try using Cortana again and let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 6, 2019
  3. gman102 Win User
    Cortana

Hi,

These setting were already in place. However, I checked it again, but, Cortana still opens up results in IE.

Thanks

gman102, Apr 6, 2019
  4. regarding cortana searh result

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

regarding cortana searh result

1. regarding cortana searh result - Similar Threads - regarding cortana searh

2. Regarding Cortana and Minor Account Issue,.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Cortana and Minor Account Issue,.: Good Evening, I am Suvindu. I opened Cortana and I get a prompt saying my Microsoft account is a Minor although I am 15 years. Can someone help me with this issue. I really like Cortana since it is easy to schedule my work, but when this prompt comes, it is really a hassle....
  3. regarding cortana

in Cortana
    regarding cortana: Hello, I was wondering if I can switch the audio output Sound Playback Device using Cortana. Like switching from my wireless headset to my wired speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-cortana/30501ac9-aeef-4efa-825e-a1f64f60c966
  4. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  5. I have a question Regarding Cortana

in Cortana
    I have a question Regarding Cortana: I have been a Microsoft Fan to 2016 to present, and i have windows in many laptops that my dad gave me(one was windows 7 and the other was windows 10 and they were **** ), but what i love about windows is cortana, without it windows 10 is like windows 7 ,and I never had...
  6. My cortana search shows blank results

in Cortana
    My cortana search shows blank results: Today I noticed my cortana search looks completely different. When I go to type in my search box, I get blank results, no matter what I type. I have verified that Windows has indexed nearly 50,000 items for windows search. How can i fix this? My first picture shows what...
  7. Cortana stopped showing web results

in Cortana
    Cortana stopped showing web results: Cortana search from the Taskbar recently stopped including web results. I've tried the following: 1. Rebooting my computer 2. Rebuilding my search index 3. Stopping/restarting the Windows search service 4. The solution posted by Vijay_Verma that involved running the...
  8. Cortana Not Showing Results,But Giving Voice Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Showing Results,But Giving Voice Results: Hello ... I have problem with Cortana search results. When i give her voice command, she answering my question by voice but not showing results. here's the Screenshoot [img] 30985
  9. Cortana search, these results may be incomplete

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search, these results may be incomplete: So I noticed cortana search is often showing a text at the top saying these results may be incomplete please try in a few minutes. But it never goes away. It didn't used to do this. I reckon only in last week or so. There have been no significant changes. I checked indexing...
  10. Get Quick Results with Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Get Quick Results with Microsoft Edge and Cortana: We hope you are as excited as we are that Cortana*, your personal digital assistant, is now available on Windows 10. What’s more, Cortana also works in Microsoft Edge. Together they make a powerful duo helping you get things done faster on the web. It’s easy to take advantage...