Windows 10: regarding device portal

Discus and support regarding device portal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i cant enable device portal in developers mode on my pc.. it displays an error.. i tried going through links and resetting window insider.. but it wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lakshitchawla, Nov 11, 2019.

1. regarding device portal

i cant enable device portal in developers mode on my pc.. it displays an error.. i tried going through links and resetting window insider.. but it wont work....

:)

lakshitchawla, Nov 11, 2019

2. Developer Mode fails to enable the device portal

Hello,

For advanced assistance regarding your concern in enabling the device portal, we suggest you post your query in

MSDN forum

Regards.

Marilou Ser, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Facebook introduces new Portal video calling devices

With a 10-inch 1280 x 800 display, Portal from Facebook improves video calling and lets you enjoy quality time with family and friends — hands and distraction free. Looking for a larger screen for more flexibility? You can also opt for a 15-inch 1920 x 1080 pivoting display with Portal+. Both models are designed to help you feel closer to the important people in your life and make video chats feel less like a call, and more like you’re actually in the same room.

Portal and Portal+ are available now for pre-order in the US – from Facebook at portal.facebook.com, as well as Amazon and Best Buy – and will begin shipping in November. You can bring Portal home for $199 USD and Portal+ for $349 USD. You can also receive $100 USD off any two devices — this means a bundle of two Portal devices will be priced at $298 USD, so you can share the experience right out of the box.

regarding device portal portal_light_duo.jpg

Intelligent Design, Invisible Tech
    Powered by AI, Portal’s Smart Camera and Smart Sound technology take all of the guesswork out of video calling, letting you enjoy a more convenient, hands-free experience. Whether you’re cooking in the kitchen or chasing the kids around the living room, Smart Camera stays with the action and automatically pans and zooms to keep everyone in view. Smart Sound minimizes background noise and enhances the voice of whoever is talking, no matter where they move. It’s like having your own cinematographer and sound crew direct your personal video calls.

Connect with Facebook and Messenger Friends
    You can call Facebook friends and connections on Messenger even if they don’t have Portal. Calls can be made to and from Messenger-enabled smartphones and tablets. Portal supports group calls of up to seven people at the same time.

Voice Control + Alexa
    Portal offers hands-free voice control. You can start a video call simply by saying “Hey Portal” and noting who you’d like to call. Portal also has Amazon Alexa built in, so you have access to a robust voice experience to ask for sports scores, check the weather, control smart home devices, order groceries, and more.

Built with Privacy + Security in Mind
    We know that privacy and security are important when you bring new technology into your home. That’s why we designed Portal with tools that give you control:

• You can completely disable the camera and microphone with a single tap.
    • Portal and Portal+ also come with a camera cover, so you can easily block your camera’s lens at any time and still receive incoming calls and notifications, plus use voice commands.
    • To manage Portal access within your home, you can set a four- to 12-digit passcode to keep the screen locked. Changing the passcode requires your Facebook password.
    We also want to be up front about what information Portal collects, help people understand how Facebook will use that information, and explain the steps we take to keep it private and secure:

• Facebook doesn’t listen to, view, or keep the contents of your Portal video calls. Your Portal conversations stay between you and the people you’re calling. In addition, video calls on Portal are encrypted, so your calls are always secure.
    • For added security, Smart Camera and Smart Sound use AI technology that runs locally on Portal, not on Facebook servers. Portal’s camera doesn’t use facial recognition and doesn’t identify who you are.
    • Like other voice-enabled devices, Portal only sends voice commands to Facebook servers after you say, “Hey Portal.” You can delete your Portal’s voice history in your Facebook Activity Log at any time.
    To learn more about Portal’s privacy features, visit portal.facebook.com/privacy.

Immersive Experiences
    Portal also enables shared activities like listening to music together or watching some of your favorite shows. We’ve partnered with Spotify Premium, Pandora, and iHeartRadio, as well as Facebook Watch, Food Network and Newsy — and we’ll add more soon.

regarding device portal 198534_70300_cedar_dark_pf_hero_camera_led_r1_tx_simp.jpg

We’re also incorporating augmented reality (AR) effects — powered by our Spark AR platform — to make calls even more fun and interactive. Story Time brings stories to life with custom sound effects and visuals. Smart Camera helps you read a fun story via a simple teleprompter, perfectly framed, while your loved ones on the other side watch as your face and voice transform into the story’s characters.

And when you’re not on a call, Portal’s Superframe can display your favorite photos and videos and important notifications like birthday reminders, so you always feel a little more connected to your closest family and friends.

Welcome Home
    We can’t wait for people use Portal and Portal+ to connect with friends and family. From AR-enhanced storytelling at bedtime to your Saturday morning ritual, you’ll be able to share everyday moments and feel like you’re really there.

Visit portal.facebook.com for more information or to pre-order your Portal today.

Source: Introducing Portal From Facebook: New Video Calling Devices to Connect You With Friends and Family | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

regarding device portal

Facebook introduces new Portal video calling devices

With a 10-inch 1280 x 800 display, Portal from Facebook improves video calling and lets you enjoy quality time with family and friends — hands and distraction free. Looking for a larger screen for more flexibility? You can also opt for a 15-inch 1920 x 1080 pivoting display with Portal+. Both models are designed to help you feel closer to the important people in your life and make video chats feel less like a call, and more like you’re actually in the same room.

Portal and Portal+ are available now for pre-order in the US – from Facebook at portal.facebook.com, as well as Amazon and Best Buy – and will begin shipping in November. You can bring Portal home for $199 USD and Portal+ for $349 USD. You can also receive $100 USD off any two devices — this means a bundle of two Portal devices will be priced at $298 USD, so you can share the experience right out of the box.

regarding device portal portal_light_duo.jpg

Intelligent Design, Invisible Tech
    Powered by AI, Portal’s Smart Camera and Smart Sound technology take all of the guesswork out of video calling, letting you enjoy a more convenient, hands-free experience. Whether you’re cooking in the kitchen or chasing the kids around the living room, Smart Camera stays with the action and automatically pans and zooms to keep everyone in view. Smart Sound minimizes background noise and enhances the voice of whoever is talking, no matter where they move. It’s like having your own cinematographer and sound crew direct your personal video calls.

Connect with Facebook and Messenger Friends
    You can call Facebook friends and connections on Messenger even if they don’t have Portal. Calls can be made to and from Messenger-enabled smartphones and tablets. Portal supports group calls of up to seven people at the same time.

Voice Control + Alexa
    Portal offers hands-free voice control. You can start a video call simply by saying “Hey Portal” and noting who you’d like to call. Portal also has Amazon Alexa built in, so you have access to a robust voice experience to ask for sports scores, check the weather, control smart home devices, order groceries, and more.

Built with Privacy + Security in Mind
    We know that privacy and security are important when you bring new technology into your home. That’s why we designed Portal with tools that give you control:

• You can completely disable the camera and microphone with a single tap.
    • Portal and Portal+ also come with a camera cover, so you can easily block your camera’s lens at any time and still receive incoming calls and notifications, plus use voice commands.
    • To manage Portal access within your home, you can set a four- to 12-digit passcode to keep the screen locked. Changing the passcode requires your Facebook password.
    We also want to be up front about what information Portal collects, help people understand how Facebook will use that information, and explain the steps we take to keep it private and secure:

• Facebook doesn’t listen to, view, or keep the contents of your Portal video calls. Your Portal conversations stay between you and the people you’re calling. In addition, video calls on Portal are encrypted, so your calls are always secure.
    • For added security, Smart Camera and Smart Sound use AI technology that runs locally on Portal, not on Facebook servers. Portal’s camera doesn’t use facial recognition and doesn’t identify who you are.
    • Like other voice-enabled devices, Portal only sends voice commands to Facebook servers after you say, “Hey Portal.” You can delete your Portal’s voice history in your Facebook Activity Log at any time.
    To learn more about Portal’s privacy features, visit portal.facebook.com/privacy.

Immersive Experiences
    Portal also enables shared activities like listening to music together or watching some of your favorite shows. We’ve partnered with Spotify Premium, Pandora, and iHeartRadio, as well as Facebook Watch, Food Network and Newsy — and we’ll add more soon.

regarding device portal 198534_70300_cedar_dark_pf_hero_camera_led_r1_tx_simp.jpg

We’re also incorporating augmented reality (AR) effects — powered by our Spark AR platform — to make calls even more fun and interactive. Story Time brings stories to life with custom sound effects and visuals. Smart Camera helps you read a fun story via a simple teleprompter, perfectly framed, while your loved ones on the other side watch as your face and voice transform into the story’s characters.

And when you’re not on a call, Portal’s Superframe can display your favorite photos and videos and important notifications like birthday reminders, so you always feel a little more connected to your closest family and friends.

Welcome Home
    We can’t wait for people use Portal and Portal+ to connect with friends and family. From AR-enhanced storytelling at bedtime to your Saturday morning ritual, you’ll be able to share everyday moments and feel like you’re really there.

Visit portal.facebook.com for more information or to pre-order your Portal today.

Source: Introducing Portal From Facebook: New Video Calling Devices to Connect You With Friends and Family | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

regarding device portal

1. regarding device portal - Similar Threads - regarding device portal

2. Remove Device From Microsoft Portal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Device From Microsoft Portal: I needed Microsoft Word on my computer through my school and signed in, but some how my PERSONAL computer got linked to the Microsoft Portal and for the life of me can not figure out how to get rid of it because it is blocking me from doing a lot even though I am still the...
  3. Remove Device From Microsoft Portal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Device From Microsoft Portal: I needed Microsoft Word on my computer through my school and signed in, but some how my PERSONAL computer got linked to the Microsoft Portal and for the life of me can not figure out how to get rid of it because it is blocking me from doing a lot even though I am still the...
  4. Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery: Hi, I'm trying to turn on Device Portal and Device Discovery in For Developers settings. So, after turning on Developer Mode, I click on the toggles for the those options. But they turn back to off quickly after I turn them on. I found a similar issue on a thread in MSDN...
  5. Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery: Hi, I'm trying to turn on Device Portal and Device Discovery in For Developers settings. So, after turning on Developer Mode, I click on the toggles for the those options. But they turn back to off quickly after I turn them on. I found a similar issue on a thread in MSDN...
  6. Regarding test portal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding test portal: Beware of scammers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-test-portal/dfdd53f8-b49a-4cb9-ba47-353ffcd13479
  7. Regarding test portal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding test portal: Hi. So, teams has launched a new app called test portal. They say students can't cheat if we teachers choose the 'Honest respondent' feature, because it supervises the browser activity. But what about the photos, pdf, files and folders on desktop. What if they click...
  8. Regarding new Alert in Microsoft Cloud Application portal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding new Alert in Microsoft Cloud Application portal: Hi Team, We have received a new alert in our Microsoft Cloud Application Portal - "Leaked Credentials" We have received this alert newly. Has Microsoft recently updated their database about finding leaked credentials from public websites. Thanks, Balaji R...
  9. Unable to enable Device Portal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable Device Portal: Hi, Edition:Windows 10 Home; Version: 1903 OS build:18362.900 Settings-->For Developers-->Enable Device Portal I want to enable developer option and after selecting the radio button "Developer Mode" in the above path, the option to Turn on remote diagnostics over...
  10. Unable to enable Device Portal in Developer mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable Device Portal in Developer mode: i cant enable device portal in developers mode on my pc.. it displays an error.. i tried going through links and resetting window insider.. but it wont work.... ***Original title: regarding device portal***...