Windows 10: Regarding External hard drive

Discus and support Regarding External hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, May you all help me with one thing? My external hard drive normally worked as usual. However, it stopped showing in my computer since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sok Kheang, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Regarding External hard drive

Hello everyone, May you all help me with one thing?

My external hard drive normally worked as usual. However, it stopped showing in my computer since many days ago even though I try to plug it in every port and even try to initialize it. Yet it still does not work. All your help I really appreciate it. Thank u in advance.

:)

Sok Kheang, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 24, 2019
  3. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Regarding External hard drive

unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Regarding External hard drive

1. Regarding External hard drive - Similar Threads - Regarding External hard

2. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  3. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  4. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help regarding hard drive....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help regarding hard drive....: So my laptop went through hardrive test before booting into windows and it took it's own time I didn't worry about it and carried on...... It still works fine TBH. So to clear my suspicion I did a diagnostic test it spit out some code and told me to check in HP website, which...
  6. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external hard drive: What external hard drive do you recommend for back-up on Dell Inspiron 3671. I do not want to save to the cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/c23fb5c0-2b97-457d-81ca-3a824c7e6f1a
  7. External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  8. external hard drive

external hard drive: Why is windows not recognizing my external hard drive, its fn 2019 this s should be plug and play your os is garbage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/8a51c6c8-175f-4d84-b6e7-84ab2697752f
  9. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...
  10. Question regarding external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding external hard drive: hi there, I have an 500 gigs external HDD connected to my desktop. Is it ok to temporarily remove it to my laptop? I am worried about the label. Will it get different label on the laptop than on the desktop and is that something to worry about. In other words, will the...