Windows 10: Regarding files and folders deletion

Discus and support Regarding files and folders deletion in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am bit confused about a question that might be very silly or simple enough for some of you but I just want to make sure my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AneekSen, Jul 4, 2021.

1. AneekSen Win User

Regarding files and folders deletion

Hello everyone, I am bit confused about a question that might be very silly or simple enough for some of you but I just want to make sure my understanding. So here's my doubt -How to delete literally everything files & folders that is unnecessary taking up drive space and not system files?

:)

AneekSen, Jul 4, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Regarding files and folders deletion :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Regarding files and folders deletion :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 4, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Regarding files and folders deletion

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Regarding files and folders deletion

1. Regarding files and folders deletion - Similar Threads - Regarding files folders

2. Regarding File Deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding File Deletion: Hi everyone! I made a post about this prior, but felt it was not worded properly. What happened was I wanted to do a clean install of steam, so I had uninstalled it and went into my files manager, went into both c and d drives and searched steam and deleted every file that...
  3. Regarding File Deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding File Deletion: Hi everyone! I made a post about this prior, but felt it was not worded properly. What happened was I wanted to do a clean install of steam, so I had uninstalled it and went into my files manager, went into both c and d drives and searched steam and deleted every file that...
  4. delete a file in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete a file in folders: how to delete a file in folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-file-in-folders/430d0465-2059-470a-8aca-0695dcb6b053
  5. delete a file in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete a file in folders: how to delete a file in folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-file-in-folders/430d0465-2059-470a-8aca-0695dcb6b053
  6. delete a file in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Regarding the deletion of windows 10 setup files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regarding the deletion of windows 10 setup files: Hi all, a quick question I'm hoping you might be able to answer. I'm starting to struggle for space on my boot drive and i'm aware that you're able to delete the windows 10 setup files in order to free up space, i use Avast cleanup typically to do anything like this and have...
  8. Trouble editing and deleting files in the 'Temp' folder on my C drive regarding Admin...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble editing and deleting files in the 'Temp' folder on my C drive regarding Admin...: I recently upgraded my computer's SSD and installed a fresh version of Windows. I'm operating on a completely fresh drive. I am trying to install and edit a program called "RTX Voice". In short, I need to edit the nvi file in the temp folder in order to have it work with my...
  9. Deleting Folders/Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Folders/Files: I have an unwanted folder that contains an exe file called quandam.exe. The exe file continuously produces more exe files, which are adwawres. When attempting to delete it normally, I get the error message: 'Folder In Use'. When attempting to delete it in command prompt, the...
  10. Folders and files that will not delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and files that will not delete: I recently deleted some mp3 files and folders, then when I emptied the Recycle Bin I inadvertently answered "no" to the "are you sure you want to delete these files" question. Now they are sitting on my recent files / frequent folders page and will not delete again. When you...