Windows 10: regarding fingerprint and pin set up

Discus and support regarding fingerprint and pin set up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I reset my laptop before 5 days to solv some software problem. I called to the dell support and they did this and reset my laptop and now I am trying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Drashti_1712, Oct 6, 2018.

1. regarding fingerprint and pin set up

I reset my laptop before 5 days to solv some software problem. I called to the dell support and they did this and reset my laptop and now I am trying to set my pin and finger print ,I am unable to set it. what should I do, I tried a lot .

:)

Drashti_1712, Oct 6, 2018
  2. chris_80 Win User

Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Billy'M Win User
    Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Thanks for the tip. For clarity if others have this issue steps to resolve were as follows:

1. Remove old PIN and finger print from sign in settings

2. From BIOS change security chip from TPM to Intel PTY

3. From bios erase fingerprint data

4. Setup new pin and fingerprint from wondows hello, it is now working!

Billy'M, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Billy'M Win User

regarding fingerprint and pin set up

Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hi I have the same laptop model and problem as the original poster.

Initially I had fingerprint sign in working great. One day while in tablet mode I changed sign in method to PIN. Next time I tried to do fingerprint sign in I kept getting a "sorry, PIN is required" message.

I tried removing my fingerprint from windows hello settings and tried to set it back up again, but at this point I have the same issue as OP. That is if my PIN is set and I try to add a fingerprint then after entering my PIN the setup doesn't proceed.

If I remove my PIN and try fingerprint setup it appears to work, goes through all the steps but after recording a fingerprint and setting the PIN, it appears none of the changes are saved in settings.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the fingerprint scanner.

I have tried resetting scanner data from the BIOS.

I have tried manually setting group policy permissions on biometric login to enable.

I have tried creating a new profile.

I have tried running System File Checker to repair corrupted files.

The issues persists... any help greatly appreciated!

Billy'M, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

regarding fingerprint and pin set up

1. regarding fingerprint and pin set up - Similar Threads - regarding fingerprint pin

2. Fingerprinter doesn't set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprinter doesn't set up: I cannot set the fingerprint recognition for login.this is aa new laptop. I reupdated the Goodix driver from the manufacturer MSI web site.When I click on the "Get started" button, and then touch the fingerprint sensor, an error occurs:Sorry, something went wrong.Close...
  3. Fingerprinter doesn't set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprinter doesn't set up: I cannot set the fingerprint recognition for login.this is aa new laptop. I reupdated the Goodix driver from the manufacturer MSI web site.When I click on the "Get started" button, and then touch the fingerprint sensor, an error occurs:Sorry, something went wrong.Close...
  4. PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in.: Ever since my Windows updated, I lost the ability to use my fingerprint. I also don't have the option to remove or change my PIN. Not my Windows Hello PIN but my PIN... Every time I attempt to re-setup the fingerprint, I'm asked for the PIN which I'm not able to reset cuz I...
  5. Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint

Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am trying to get my fingerprint sensor back to working on my Dell XPS 15 7590, but Windows will not allow me to do so. I believe the issue comes from the PIN setup not working properly. When I go to settings>sign-in options and click Windows Hello PIN, the only option is...
  6. Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint

Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint: Hi anyone has encountered this problem - when you want to set up Hello Pin and Fingerprint sign-in option but u cannot press the button on "set up". It says "this option is currently unavailable - click here to learn more". I have been trying multiple times but it does not...
  7. Fingerprint set up problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fingerprint set up problem: Win 10 Pro Dell Vostro 3478 8th Gen Core i5 14" model have finger option but cant setup. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up-problem/9a3d7eac-f47e-4f10-9e3e-0e87f247750e
  8. fingerprint set up

fingerprint set up: I want to set up my fingerprint PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/8ddd26b0-a0c3-4ddb-9602-3a2329dd7e63
  9. Fingerprint set up

Fingerprint set up: Cannot find fingerprint set up in sign in option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/9493b37d-a99a-4449-824d-f97538b4579c
  10. fingerprint set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint set up: in my laptop asus x507ma fingerprint sign in option not displaying how it set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/01953d27-1c1f-4bf0-872b-744426d91dab"