Windows 10: Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only"

Discus and support Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is just a slight issue in which folders marked as "Read Only" are locked with this attribute and cannot be changed. I first tried the standard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BONELESS_RN, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only"

This is just a slight issue in which folders marked as "Read Only" are locked with this attribute and cannot be changed. I first tried the standard approach, going into the folder properties and disabling read only and then clicking apply and exiting the properties which I thought worked at first but later discovered that there was no change to this option no matter what I did. I was already a system admin and I already tried the popular approach to make yourself the file owner to no avail. I am not that experienced with Windows itself since I mainly use it for gaming (Steam etc.) so it is highly likely that I overlooked something If someone could spare some time to assist me that would be greatly appreciated.

:)

BONELESS_RN, Dec 31, 2018

2. Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only"

This is just a slight issue in which folders marked as "Read Only" are locked with this attribute and cannot be changed. I first tried the standard approach, going into the folder properties and disabling read only and then clicking apply and exiting the
    properties which I thought worked at first but later discovered that there was no change to this option no matter what I did. I was already a system admin and I already tried the popular approach to make yourself the file owner to no avail. I am not that experienced
    with Windows itself since I mainly use it for gaming (Steam etc.) so it is highly likely that I overlooked something If someone could spare some time to assist me that would be greatly appreciated.

BONELESS_RN, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 10, 2020
  4. User 01 Win User

Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only"

Emails I move to another folder are not marked as "read"

This issue is the topic of at least two other threads, neither of which are answered:

This is a good example of how frustrating it is to try and research issues using a forum system instead of an issue tracking system. You mention that "Microsoft is aware of this issue." Is the issue documented anywhere that allows users to monitor it?

User 01, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only"

1. Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only" - Similar Threads - Regarding Folders Marked

2. Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves: Hi,How do i set all the files in a directory and all the files in it's subdirectories as read-only, but NOT mark the folder or its subfolders as read-only?...
  3. Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves: Hi,How do i set all the files in a directory and all the files in it's subdirectories as read-only, but NOT mark the folder or its subfolders as read-only?...
  4. Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All folders are marked read only.

All folders are marked read only.: I'm having issues where my version of Windows 10 is making all of my folders read-only and causing major access denied errors happen with some programs that need read and write access. [ATTACH] Its not a problem with the program its windows and as I'm running on Windows...
  6. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  7. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  8. Folders are saying Read-Only but no files inside are marked Read-Only, have tried...

Folders are saying Read-Only but no files inside are marked Read-Only, have tried...: Look, I've tried everything I can. From several different forums that have the exact same problems as me to as many websites and links as I can count on my fingers. But nothing has solved this issue. I have the most recent version of Windows installed on my computer and one...
  9. All newly created folders are marked Read Only

All newly created folders are marked Read Only: New computer, Lenovo, All folders I create or extract are by default marked read only. I've given myself full access to my C drive and can delete them, but why are they marked Read Only? How do I turn this off?...
  10. Drives Marked Read Only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives Marked Read Only: I have several hard drives on my PCs; some are physical, some are partitions. In every PC I've upgraded, W10 marks these as RO. I go through the ritual of setting permissions to Full and marking RW, but occasionally a drive will revert to RO. I can't find a Take Ownership...