Windows 10: Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition

Discus and support Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, I just bought this Lenovo 330 i3 7th Gen laptop, which comes with pre-installed genuine windows 10 and doesn't come with a DVD Drive. so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RahulRanjan225, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition

Hi Team,

I just bought this Lenovo 330 i3 7th Gen laptop, which comes with pre-installed genuine windows 10 and doesn't come with a DVD Drive. so when I opened the laptop and chose all the languages and things I saw that in my "This PC" option there was already a "C drive" was created with a space of 930 GB. My laptop comes with a 1 TB Hard drive. so when I'm trying to partition the "C drive" I can only shrink 480 GB as "New Volume D" and then my "C drive" becomes 450 GB. and then I cannot shrink my "C drive" further. so I only get 480 GB as my new volume space. I don't want to allocate such large portion to "C drive". How can I allocate only 300 GB to my "C drive" and rest to my new volumes?

:)

RahulRanjan225, Jan 20, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 20, 2019
  3. hard drive partition problem

Hi Azhar,

We would like to know more information regarding your hard drive partition concern. For better assistance, kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you want to boot your computer from partition (DRegarding Hard Disc Drive Partition :) or
      (ERegarding Hard Disc Drive Partition :)
      ? If yes, are you encountering any issues with the default boot drive
      (CRegarding Hard Disc Drive Partition :)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Dia01 Win User

Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition

Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition

1. Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition - Similar Threads - Regarding Hard Disc

2. Partitioning a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning a Hard drive: Hi, I recently installed a new HDD and was hoping to create a partition in order to keep my programs separated for organisation reasons. If anybody knows how to create a hard drive partition in windows 11 then I would appreciate the help a lot thanks. x...
  3. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  4. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  5. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Help regarding hard drive....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help regarding hard drive....: So my laptop went through hardrive test before booting into windows and it took it's own time I didn't worry about it and carried on...... It still works fine TBH. So to clear my suspicion I did a diagnostic test it spit out some code and told me to check in HP website, which...
  7. Hard disc drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disc drive: how do I access this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disc-drive/c22b4328-29eb-4520-8d3c-b63f5b5a27e7"
  8. Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition: I would like to set up a recovery disc on a partition of my hard drive. I've already made the partition. 1. Is this something I should do? Or should I just go buy a USB drive? 2. If so, how? 134730
  9. Regarding External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding External hard drive: Hello everyone, May you all help me with one thing? My external hard drive normally worked as usual. However, it stopped showing in my computer since many days ago even though I try to plug it in every port and even try to initialize it. Yet it still does not work. All your...
  10. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    partitioning hard drive: hi all this is a question about GPT UEFI and LEGACY partitions if I install in legacy mode on a 1 TB drive with no partitions will my laptop run ok I dont understand why GPT gives 4 partitions and I dont understand UEFI please explain all 3 options. many thanks to all that...