Windows 10: Regarding issues with DISM not working or fixing

Discus and support Regarding issues with DISM not working or fixing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Remember this: Unserviceable The registry key The place were I found the hint All I tried My issue was that one update got stuck and was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/3lN0p0, May 27, 2020.

1. /u/3lN0p0 Win User

Regarding issues with DISM not working or fixing

Remember this: Unserviceable

The registry key

The place were I found the hint

All I tried

My issue was that one update got stuck and was not installing. Ran SFC and nothing bad found, ran dism and always kept coming with my store being Unserviceable. Apparently on version 1909 or 1803, there is a bug on dism, where it keeps saying Unserviceable but the store is fine. For unknown reasons to me, that registry key that I mention above, that I believe dism reads before even trying anything, triggers a chain of events that left me complete bald.

Anyways, if for some reason, the same chain of events happen to you, try setting Unserviceable = 0, you will have to take ownership of the key and stuff, but at least it will let you install and cleanup the store.

Thank you.

For ref.: this is the error I was getting in updates: - 0x800f0830

submitted by /u/3lN0p0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/3lN0p0, May 27, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 27, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, May 27, 2020
  4. Regarding issues with DISM not working or fixing

How to get damn DISM to work?

FUCKING LIFE SAVING, ran into the Nvidia Opencl.dll issue with Windows 10 aka windows says its borked cant fix it need to do DISM to fix it had the same issues you were having. Thank fucking god the BSODs have stopped.

crazyeyesreaper, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Regarding issues with DISM not working or fixing

1. Regarding issues with DISM not working or fixing - Similar Threads - Regarding issues DISM

2. Fixing DISM Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing DISM Error: My PC has been hard freezing for the last couple days. When I try to Run DISM the program stops at 62.3 and I get the message: Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the...
  3. Fixing DISM Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing DISM Error: My PC has been hard freezing for the last couple days. When I try to Run DISM the program stops at 62.3 and I get the message: Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the...
  4. Fixing DISM Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. regarding USB Fix issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    regarding USB Fix issue: Hello guys in order to boot my pc I have made a bootable USBwith help of Rufus software, but while converting it I had got some error at middle of copying .ISO files after then to erase the half copied files when I insert my USB to my pc again it gives me the disconnecting...
  6. Dism issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism issue: Hello,Recently noticed 'C' drive (system) got a little 'fat', uses more disk space then before.To make story short: Ran "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore".Found reclaimable packages 3, recommended cleanup "yes".Ran "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image...
  7. Issue with dism restorehealth not working

Issue with dism restorehealth not working: C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.18362.900 Image Version: 10.0.18363.1082 [===========================56.8% ] Error: 14091 The name of an attribute in an...
  8. DISM not working

DISM not working: When I run any of the DISM commands in either CMD or Powershell, it opens an empty powershell window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-not-working/da489441-f79f-4819-925c-7416eeec4982
  9. Multiple Issues (SFC /SCAN, DISM, NOT WORKING)

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Issues (SFC /SCAN, DISM, NOT WORKING): Hello all, I recently upgrade from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. All was well in the beginning but now things have gone haywire. I want revert back to 8.1 pro but I dont want to lose my apps. I have critical settings in my apps... I do pro recording.... SFC Scan finds...
  10. Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.: 5 Days ago I started getting this strange error: "SBCinema2.exe - Bad Image." "C:\Windows\System32\audioses.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...