Windows 10: Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows

Discus and support Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I use two Windows devices. Desktop running Windows 11 and Laptop running windows 10 unable to upgrade to 11 due to processor limitations. I have the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ancientmarinerblr, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows

I use two Windows devices. Desktop running Windows 11 and Laptop running windows 10 unable to upgrade to 11 due to processor limitations. I have the same parent and child account on both devices. And the Microsoft Family settings I have configured seem to reflect on both devices. However I noticed that when I lock the devices via MS Family Safety app on my phone, I am able to lock the desktopWin11 but not the laptop Win10. Is there a limitation ?

:)

ancientmarinerblr, Apr 27, 2023
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Apr 27, 2023
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Apr 27, 2023
  4. Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows

Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Apr 27, 2023
Thema:

Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows

1. Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows - Similar Threads - Regarding locking devices

2. Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows: I use two Windows devices. Desktop running Windows 11 and Laptop running windows 10 unable to upgrade to 11 due to processor limitations. I have the same parent and child account on both devices. And the Microsoft Family settings I have configured seem to reflect on both...
  3. Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding locking of devices using same child accounts on different versions of Windows: I use two Windows devices. Desktop running Windows 11 and Laptop running windows 10 unable to upgrade to 11 due to processor limitations. I have the same parent and child account on both devices. And the Microsoft Family settings I have configured seem to reflect on both...
  4. use the same account from two devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use the same account from two devices: Hello,my name is Argiris.I am a student at the university.I have tow computers one desktop and one laptop.They both have windows 10.When I am home I work from my desktop and send my work to laptop by email.I want all my files to be in tow accounts at the same time?Is there...
  5. use the same account from two devices

use the same account from two devices: Hello,my name is Argiris.I am a student at the university.I have tow computers one desktop and one laptop.They both have windows 10.When I am home I work from my desktop and send my work to laptop by email.I want all my files to be in tow accounts at the same time?Is there...
  6. use the same account from two devices

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Can a System Image Backup be used in a different version of Windows 11 on the same device?

Can a System Image Backup be used in a different version of Windows 11 on the same device?: Hi, I am currently using a Windows 11 Preview version from the Windows Insider program. Since I am in the Dev channel, I can't leave without losing my data. I've created a Windows 11 installation tool and backed up my data using "Backup and Restore Windows 7" option in the...
  8. Different accounts on the same pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different accounts on the same pc: Hi guys! So my sister and I share a desktop computer that we just bought. We both have our own accounts and they're admin accounts. I was wondering if there is a way that we can't access to each other's stuff (programs, documents, photos). Something like having "two" separate...
  9. Is progression for a UWP game the same when played with different accounts on the same device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is progression for a UWP game the same when played with different accounts on the same device?: I'm wondering cuz i want to switch accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-progression-for-a-uwp-game-the-same-when-played/1a5c5215-9033-4cae-9103-36561aed106c
  10. Synchonize 2 different accounts on same device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Synchonize 2 different accounts on same device: I would like to create a dual boot of Windows 10 consisting of 2 different Microsoft accounts and be able to synchronize between them. Would there be a way to do this? Or is synchronization possible only between the same account on different devices? I would like to be able...