Windows 10: Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling...

Discus and support Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I came across an article, I believe that originated on this site, entitled How to: Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling Windows 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alan515, May 23, 2019.

1. Alan515 Win User

Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling...

Recently I came across an article, I believe that originated on this site, entitled How to: Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling Windows 10.

I have a MAR refurbished EliteBook 840 G2 that was advertised as having a "recovery drive" but the instructions that came with the computer make it clear that it is not the same as the recovery partitions that came with new HP computers I had bought. It is not in a separate partition, and it seem to only restore Windows 10 to the original factory setting, but not "erase" the old Windows 10 that has become corrupted and replace it with a new pristine copy, as the "factory recovery" partitions did on the brand new HP computers I bought.

2) It explains that "many users" will have installed Windows 10 by Windows Update, or some other download, without having used media, or bought a new Windows 10 computer with a "restore factory image" installed in a separate partition. It then states, "With Windows 10, you can create your own recovery media and back up the pristine state of the operating system and preinstalled software. If things go wrong and you are unable to refresh or reset your device successfully, you can boot the device using this recovery media and reset the device to the prior pristine state."

If it is a MAR refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro : will the instructions in How to: Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling Windows 10 work, and will it restore a new pristine copy of Windows 10 to a refurbished computer if something goes wrong and the Windows 10 on the refurbished computer is corrupted by malware?

The instructions are simple:

3) What you will need: a. A new USB thumbdrive with 4 GBs of space or more

b. Your computer running Windows 10

4) instructions

1. Click START and type: create recovery
    2. Hit ENTER on your keyboard (and I guess follow the instructions that appear)

QUESTIONS:

1) Will this How to: Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling Windows 10 work on my Joy Systems refurbished computer, and/or if it does, will it hurt anything?

2) If something "goes wrong" (like a malware infection) and their "WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE INSTRUCTIONS*" will not solve the problem; will this created Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10 reinstall a pristine copy of Windows 10 back on my computer?

I sent similar question to the refurbisher and their answer was useless.

Thank you very much for you assistance in answering these questions.

:)

Alan515, May 23, 2019
  2. MAXPOPWER Win User

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G2 hp drive encryption tpm authentification failed.(0xa)

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G2 hp drive encryption tpm authentification failed.(0xa)

I cant login, can access bios, restoring security settings doesnt help. i also have winmagic data security on my screen and have never seen this before. pls help

MAXPOPWER, May 23, 2019
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, May 23, 2019
  4. Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling...

creating a recovery drive!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

• What exactly happens when you try to create a Recovery drive ?
    • Do you receive any error message ?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

Creating a recovery drive

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling...

1. Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling... - Similar Threads - Regarding MAR refurbished

2. Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program: Temos algumas máquinas antigas com o Windows 7, e queremos atualizar para o Windows 10 através do programa MAR da Microsoft, que concede uma licença Refurbished link abaixo.Vocês podem indicar fornecedores no Brasil para aquisição dessas licenças...
  3. Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program: Temos algumas máquinas antigas com o Windows 7, e queremos atualizar para o Windows 10 através do programa MAR da Microsoft, que concede uma licença Refurbished link abaixo.Vocês podem indicar fornecedores no Brasil para aquisição dessas licenças...
  4. Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2: My HP EliteBook 840 G2 is not able to connect to the WiFi network set on TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 router either to 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz SSID and getting the error "Can't connect to this network" even if the WiFi password is correct or by pushing the WSP switch on the...
  6. Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2: My HP EliteBook 840 G2 is not able to connect to the WiFi network set on TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 router either to 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz SSID and getting the error "Can't connect to this network" even if the WiFi password is correct or by pushing the WSP switch on the...
  7. regarding creating recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    regarding creating recovery drive: i have bought 32 gb pendrive but its not getting detected. i have 1tb of internal drive with 4 partitions-- C,D,F,G. The D drive contains the drivers and inbuilt recovery files. My laptop is LENOVO IDEAPAD 110-ISK....
  8. Keyboard Layout HP 840 G2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Layout HP 840 G2: I just bought a laptop from a local online store, but the keyboard layout is not like a normal US Qwerty keyboard. The layout for the symbols does not match the US layout keyboard. Does anyone know what keyboard layout/region that I have to install so the keyboard layout...
  9. Unable to create a Restore Drive in newly MAR Refurbished Windows 10 Pro HP EliteBook 840...

Unable to create a Restore Drive in newly MAR Refurbished Windows 10 Pro HP EliteBook 840...: Making a "Restore USB in Windows 10 Pro does not work Product: HP EliteBook 840 G2 (MAR Refurbished) Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I purchased two MAR Refurbished HP EliteBook 840 G2's. One came from Joy Systems, and the other came from Arrow...
  10. Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers

Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers: I purchased two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers from Walmart. The first came from Joy Systems; the second from Arrow. New HP's come with a "factory restore Image" in a separate partition on the hard drive and a program, which will run only once, that allows the...