Windows 10: Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive.

Discus and support Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to resize my C drive that's why i unallocated 100 GB space from my D drive. After that when i right click on C drive it is still not showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SagarShekhar, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive.

I want to resize my C drive that's why i unallocated 100 GB space from my D drive. After that when i right click on C drive it is still not showing extend volume option.

Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive. 49a40239-bdad-467c-a4e3-decfe73c497a?upload=true.png

Then i search online and i found some tools like EaseUS partition manager and AOMEI partition assistant but none of them work. How i am able to extend my C drive space?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

SagarShekhar, Nov 16, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CRegarding merging of unallocated space in C drive. :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 16, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive.

Not Getting Able to Merge Drive with Unallocated Space!

You should be able to right click on partition I:, in Disk Management, and select Extend volume... to add the unallocated space to partition I:. It should be as simple as that. You can't "merge" unallocated space with a partition, because unallocated space is not a partition. To "merge" 2 things those things need to be the same type of thing.

And no, it's not illegal to copy files to another drive.

MrGenius, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive.

1. Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive. - Similar Threads - Regarding merging unallocated

2. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  3. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  4. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  5. Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive: I shrank 6.86 GB from my D drive and tried to extend my C Drive with it, but the extend storage option on my C drive is not working or blurred out. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm running on Windows 11 Home Single Language.Thanks!...
  6. Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive

Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive: I shrank 6.86 GB from my D drive and tried to extend my C Drive with it, but the extend storage option on my C drive is not working or blurred out. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm running on Windows 11 Home Single Language.Thanks!...
  7. Unallocated space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...
  8. adding unallocated disk space to drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding unallocated disk space to drive C:: How can I add the unallocated disk space to drive C:\ when the unallocated space is not adjacent to the C:\ partitions are on the drive: such as Drives: E, F, G, H drive F:\ has been shrunk and I would like to add the unallocated space to the C:\ however, windows will not...
  9. Merge several unallocated spaces into one.

Merge several unallocated spaces into one.: Hello guys, I was wondering if you can help me out with this, I have three, unallocated spaces on my laptop and I want to merge them into one new partition. Bear in mind that I have basic disk partitioning, do I need to transition to dynamic and is it possible to loss some...
  10. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition: After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD. When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is...