Windows 10: regarding Microsoft's "3d builder" software

Discus and support regarding Microsoft's "3d builder" software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When you export an obj file the file that I need it exports just fine. Now, when you export an obj file in general, it doesn't save with textures As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arth Shah YT, May 13, 2022.

1. regarding Microsoft's "3d builder" software

When you export an obj file the file that I need it exports just fine. Now, when you export an obj file in general, it doesn't save with textures As for how it works but the key thing is that there is no way to download the texture. before you say "oh the file is corrupt" or "download it again" it doesn't work like that. If you want to export a 3d file, all you get is a 3d render MESH. Not the texture. So, is there any way I can download the texture? -Arth

:)

Arth Shah YT, May 13, 2022
  2. Vanessa Yar, May 13, 2022
  3. can i upgrade 3d builder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the lag in 3D builder app. To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed?(Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of the 3D builder app installed?

However, we would suggest you to these methods and check the 3D Builder app performance.

Method 1: Steps to reset the 3D Builder App.

1. Press Windows +I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, Select Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Search for 3D Builder app in the list and click on it, then select
      Advanced options.
    4. Then click on Reset and then restart the PC and check if the issue persist. If it persist then perform
      method 2.

Method 2: Steps to Uninstall and reinstall the 3D Builder App.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard. Select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Type: Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
      and click on Enter.
    3. Type: Exit and click on Enter.
    4. Restart the PC. Open
      Microsoft Store
      app and reinstall
      3D builder app
    5. Check if the issue persists.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 13, 2022
  4. regarding Microsoft's "3d builder" software

3d builder image

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the 3D images that are created in 3D builder. To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed?(Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of the 3D builder app installed?

However, we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the 3D Builder app.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard. Select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Type: Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
      and click on Enter.
    3. Type: Exit and click on Enter.
    4. Restart the PC.
      Open Microsoft Store app and reinstall
      3D builder app
    5. Check if the issue persists.

Also, Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots of the 3D images that became white. This will help us to understand the issue more clearly.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 13, 2022
Thema:

regarding Microsoft's "3d builder" software

1. regarding Microsoft's "3d builder" software - Similar Threads - regarding Microsoft's builder

2. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d Builder: Has the 3d builder program been discontinued? Why doesn't he receive more updates and inclusion of improvements? It's a great program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/65033078-da0f-4c3c-88b1-ea1d930e4f36
  3. regarding Microsoft's "3d builder" software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding Microsoft's "3d builder" software: When you export an obj file the file that I need it exports just fine. Now, when you export an obj file in general, it doesn't save with textures As for how it works but the key thing is that there is no way to download the texture. before you say "oh the file is corrupt" or...
  4. 3D builder

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    3D builder: First of all. I am a big fan of 3D builder. I use it for 3D modelling when I restore, repair or build things, from tables to houses. As a retired from IT everything I love the combination Powerpoint 2007 for drawings and 3d builder for modelling. I don't have to learn another...
  5. 3d builder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d builder: how do i use web cam to import item and how do i cut off unusable area of item https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/03d7c266-6837-4186-ac60-576e54df1985
  6. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d Builder: Hi I try to get 3d builder but the windows store says , I need a new app to open this store How do I get round this Regards Don https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/fb0f19f7-b9c5-491d-b7e9-843643726f00
  7. 3D Builder

3D Builder: Good day guys i have installed Microsoft 3D bulder when i try to open application with 3D Builder is say windows cannot access the specified device path or you may not have appropriate permission to access the item please Help...
  8. 3D builder

in Windows 10 Customization
    3D builder: Hi The latest version of 3D Builder Aug 2019 does not allow the turning off and on the grid, all that happens is the setup window, am I missing something? any help appreciated. Ken Harper...
  9. 3D builder

3D builder: How i can change manuely thickness of an objet without affect width and height? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/6af42020-38cd-4dca-aa64-da080ba69625
  10. 3D Builder

in Windows 10 Customization
    3D Builder: Why has the aspect ratio lock feature been removed from the scale tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/3d-builder/15472d6a-46e9-423d-ac1f-590dfe0d2197