Windows 10: Regarding missing adaptive brightness option

Discus and support Regarding missing adaptive brightness option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there! My adaptive brightness is turned on automatically after my updates. But right now the option to turn off/on the adaptive brightness in both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisinJacob, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Regarding missing adaptive brightness option

Hey there! My adaptive brightness is turned on automatically after my updates. But right now the option to turn off/on the adaptive brightness in both the settings and control panel has disappeared. May I know what to do abou this?

:)

ChrisinJacob, Jun 4, 2020

2. Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 4, 2020
  3. daniel1 Win User
    No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:

My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the screen gets so dark. Also every option windows normally has to switch it off is gone. Not greyed out, it's just not there (Both in the legacy power options and in te new UI).

Around the same time it happend that windows decided to get rid of the old power profiles and instead only show the "balanced" one that comes with the power options slider when you click on the battery icon in the tray. I had that briefly and then the slider disappeard along with the option of turning adaptive brightness OFF.

This makes me MAD.
    • I deleted and restored the default power plans in several ways
    • I changed all (all I found, though) corresponding registry entries to disable adaptive brightness
    • I checked the registry for the the option to show the switching-option being ENABLED
    • I even stopped the windows service for the ambient light sensor

No change. Any Wizards around? *Shock

Daniel

daniel1, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Regarding missing adaptive brightness option

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Have you seen this?

Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options

It links to a tenforums tutorial on how to disable adaptive brightness from a command prompt.

Ztruker, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Regarding missing adaptive brightness option

1. Regarding missing adaptive brightness option - Similar Threads - Regarding missing adaptive

2. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive brightness option is missing.: Hi. I have an issue with my laptop's adaptive brightness feature. When I use my laptop and open a notepad in light mode, the brightness becomes too high. However, when I open a software with dark mode, the brightness turns too dark as well. I've seen the same question, but I...
  3. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adaptive brightness option is missing.: Hi. I have an issue with my laptop's adaptive brightness feature. When I use my laptop and open a notepad in light mode, the brightness becomes too high. However, when I open a software with dark mode, the brightness turns too dark as well. I've seen the same question, but I...
  4. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Regarding Ethernet adapter missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding Ethernet adapter missing: In windows 10 after the machine is not used for certain time the ethernet network adapter is missing. After restarting the machine it is displaying the ethernet network adapter. I updated network drivers but still not able to solve the problem. If anyone is aware about the...
  6. Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing: I just got a Dell Inspiron 7506 and there appears to be no option to change the fluctuating screen brightness when on battery power. there does not appear to be an option within the Intel Graphics Command Center to turn it off either, and using the command prompt listed on...
  7. Regarding adaptive brightness

Regarding adaptive brightness: Hey there! Recently, after my updates in windows 10, the adaptive brightness feature is automatically turned on and I am unable to turn off the option. Does anyone know the solution to this?...
  8. No adaptive brightness option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No adaptive brightness option: Hello, I am not sure if I am asking in the correct section but long story short, I have a gaming laptop that gets too dark. In my past computers, All I would do is disable the adaptive display but I cant find it anywhere in this laptop. I have tried checking in the power...
  9. Brightness Option missing

Brightness Option missing: Hello my brightness option is missing .. I have no brightness option is System > display and my physical buttons is also not helpful .. Tried solutions- 1 Reboot 2 reinstalling display driver 3 3rd party app And none of them work .. nothing is working Please...
  10. Missing adaptive brightness option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing adaptive brightness option: I have an HP Laptop Probook 450 G5. It got Intel 620 UHD graphics and Nvidia 930MX. I am currently running Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.778 on my laptop. My issue is when play any video in full screen on Microsoft Edge, it automatically increases the brightness to max, and...