Windows 10: Regarding Mobile hotspot over Bluetooth

Discus and support Regarding Mobile hotspot over Bluetooth in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, my workplace received a new PC that replaced an older model that had Wi-Fi capabilities, and Mobile Hotspot so that we could connect with our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArtyDee, Aug 17, 2022.

1. ArtyDee Win User

Regarding Mobile hotspot over Bluetooth

Recently, my workplace received a new PC that replaced an older model that had Wi-Fi capabilities, and Mobile Hotspot so that we could connect with our phones to save on Data. The new computer does not have Wi-Fi capabilities, but came with a Bluetooth adapter instead. I have been attempting to connect to the computer over Bluetooth tethering for internet, however whenever I try to set it up it does the reverse of what I want to do; my phone becomes the internet connection to the computer rather than vice versa. I know that using Mobile Hotspot is possible over Bluetooth, but whenever I try to

:)

ArtyDee, Aug 17, 2022

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Frank15 Win User
    What’s the Mobile Hotspot over Bluetooth in Windows 10?

I found an option in Windows 10 to connect to the laptops WIFI hotspot “over Bluetooth”.

Just for curiosity, what is this intended for? I can’t think of a mobile phone connecting to internet by using a laptop’s mobile hotspot over Bluetooth.

Any clarification much appreciated

Regarding Mobile hotspot over Bluetooth [​IMG]

Frank15, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Suman_B Win User

Hotspot internet using Bluetooth

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you trying to create a hotspot through Bluetooth on your PC?
    2. What is the version and
      build
      of you operating system? In the Search box, type
      winver
      to get this info.
    3. What is the Make and the model of the Phone and Computer?

If you want to create a Hotspot on your PC, suggest you to refer this article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot.

As you have mentioned that you want to use Bluetooth to connect to internet, you will need to enable the Bluetooth Tethering option on your phone and then connect the phone through Bluetooth with the PC.

If you are using an iPhone, please refer the section Connect to Personal Hotspot with Bluetooth
    from the article
    If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

If you are using an Android phone please refer the steps in the article
    Share a mobile connection by tethering or hotspot on Android

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Regarding Mobile hotspot over Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Regarding Mobile hotspot

2. A question Regarding the mobile hotspot using lan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question Regarding the mobile hotspot using lan: Why whenever i use mobile hotspot on lan using windows 11 it works perfectly fine but like after 3-5min it says `internet not available` on my phone...
  3. Regards Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regards Mobile Hotspot: After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I can't be able to connect my mobile phone using pc hotspot, It always shows "obtaining IP Address". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regards-mobile-hotspot/d49d1b0f-74e3-4eb9-9a8b-83527c7a1ba7
  4. Regards Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regards Mobile Hotspot: After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I can't be able to connect my mobile phone using pc hotspot, It always shows "obtaining IP Address". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regards-mobile-hotspot/d49d1b0f-74e3-4eb9-9a8b-83527c7a1ba7
  5. Regarding Mobile hotspot over Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Mobile hotspot over Bluetooth: Recently, my workplace received a new PC that replaced an older model that had Wi-Fi capabilities, and Mobile Hotspot so that we could connect with our phones to save on Data. The new computer does not have Wi-Fi capabilities, but came with a Bluetooth adapter instead. I have...
  6. Regarding Mobile hotspot over Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding Mobile hotspot over Bluetooth: Recently, my workplace received a new PC that replaced an older model that had Wi-Fi capabilities, and Mobile Hotspot so that we could connect with our phones to save on Data. The new computer does not have Wi-Fi capabilities, but came with a Bluetooth adapter instead. I have...
  7. What’s the Mobile Hotspot over Bluetooth in Windows 10?

What’s the Mobile Hotspot over Bluetooth in Windows 10?: I found an option in Windows 10 to connect to the laptops WIFI hotspot over Bluetooth. Just for curiosity, whats this intended for? I cant think of a mobile phone connecting to internet by using a laptops mobile hotspot over Bluetooth, in fact, when I tried, I got We cant...
  8. ISSUE Regarding Mobile Hotspot

ISSUE Regarding Mobile Hotspot: Hello Windows, I am not able to connect any devices from my laptop using Mobile Hotspot windows 10. I have fully updated Windows 10 Home edition 2004 version. Device whichever I am trying to connect is showing message continuously of "Obtaining IP Address". I have tried...
  9. Regarding Mobile hotspot in windows 10 pro

Regarding Mobile hotspot in windows 10 pro: hello Microsoft, I am unable to use mobile hotspot in my laptop from few days, earlier it wasworking fine but now whenever I try to connect it says that,"To share your connection you need to add this feature to your cellular data plan first." I have surfed many times in...
  10. MOBILE HOTSPOT THROUGH BLUETOOTH

MOBILE HOTSPOT THROUGH BLUETOOTH: In Win 10 April 2018 version there is an option to create mobile hotspot from pc to other devices through Bluetooth. How does it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/mobile-hotspot-through-bluetooth/edd19eac-c57f-4abc-9006-d4a6b61aceaf