Windows 10: regarding re-activation of Windows 10 due to update of BIOS

Discus and support regarding re-activation of Windows 10 due to update of BIOS in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased the HP laptop in 2016. From past few days , it is showing "Activate windows". Since I have purchased this from you and I do not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by amitsingh1992, May 11, 2020.

1. regarding re-activation of Windows 10 due to update of BIOS

I purchased the HP laptop in 2016. From past few days , it is showing "Activate windows". Since I have purchased this from you and I do not have the product key it was updated via digital signature , kindly provide me the key, so that I can activate it.

:)

amitsingh1992, May 11, 2020

2. Activation issue after updating BIOS

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with activation on your PC after updating BIOS, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Did Windows 10 came pre-installed on your PC?
    2. What is the error message that you receive while activating Windows?

Since you have already tried using the Activation troubleshooter I would suggest you to try activating the copy of Windows using Phone Activation.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type SLUI 04 and hit
      Enter.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

In addition, you can also check if the Software Protection Service is running. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click on
      OK.
    2. Now, look for Software Protection service, right click on it and select
      Restart.

However, it would be great if you can get in touch with our Technical Support team using the
    Chat or
    Call channel for further assistance with the issue as they can
    assist you better with the query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 11, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond regarding re-activation of Windows 10 due to update of BIOS :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 11, 2020
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

regarding re-activation of Windows 10 due to update of BIOS

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, May 11, 2020
Thema:

regarding re-activation of Windows 10 due to update of BIOS

1. regarding re-activation of Windows 10 due to update of BIOS - Similar Threads - regarding activation due

2. Regarding re installing windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding re installing windows: I bought new laptop and i have singed in microsoft account in that.. since today i got trobule blue screen error. The error photo shown in above If i formatted the laptop and if reinstall the windows, how do i get the previous genuine key for that...
  3. Regarding re installing windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding re installing windows: I bought new laptop and i have singed in microsoft account in that.. since today i got trobule blue screen error. The error photo shown in above If i formatted the laptop and if reinstall the windows, how do i get the previous genuine key for that...
  4. Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update: I recently had to replace the motherboard on my self-built system. I was reusing an OEM Key from an old laptop for this system, but after I replaced the board I figured it was a great time to purchase a new license. And so I did, I purchased a license from the Microsoft Store...
  5. Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update

Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update: I recently had to replace the motherboard on my self-built system. I was reusing an OEM Key from an old laptop for this system, but after I replaced the board I figured it was a great time to purchase a new license. And so I did, I purchased a license from the Microsoft Store...
  6. Regards windows 10 activation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regards windows 10 activation.: AFTER TRUOBLESHOOTING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regards-windows-10-activation/fad3f441-a484-43d7-a5bb-9aafe58e8c58
  7. Regards windows 10 activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regards windows 10 activation.: AFTER TRUOBLESHOOTING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regards-windows-10-activation/fad3f441-a484-43d7-a5bb-9aafe58e8c58
  8. Regards windows 10 activation.

9. REGARDING ACTIVATION OF WINDOW 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    REGARDING ACTIVATION OF WINDOW 10.: SHOWING ERROR CODE 0xC004F074.PLEASE KINDLY SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-activation-of-window-10/a097ea50-5fcc-4f8b-8f09-55c25b4167a3
  10. Regarding Windows 10 re-format/reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Regarding Windows 10 re-format/reinstall: Hi guys, how's everyone doing? I am new to the community, i am posting my need of help regarding to a Windows 10 Professional 64 install, i previously own windows 7 professional 64-bit, my question is simply this do i need to purchase a copy of windows 10, because i plan on...