Windows 10: regarding removing administration account

Discus and support regarding removing administration account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to remove administration account in lenovo miix 3-830?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArMy_7, Jan 17, 2022.

1. ArMy_7 Win User

regarding removing administration account

How to remove administration account in lenovo miix 3-830?

:)

ArMy_7, Jan 17, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jan 17, 2022
  4. regarding removing administration account

Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

regarding removing administration account

1. regarding removing administration account - Similar Threads - regarding removing administration

2. Removing administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing administrator account: I have been wanting to remove this administrator user on my PC for some time but am unable to, and I do not want to have to create a new user and redo all of my files for all of my games and stuff. is there any way to remove that administer users?...
  3. Removing administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing administrator account: I have been wanting to remove this administrator user on my PC for some time but am unable to, and I do not want to have to create a new user and redo all of my files for all of my games and stuff. is there any way to remove that administer users?...
  4. regarding removing administration account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding removing administration account: How to remove administration account in lenovo miix 3-830? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-removing-administration-account/73f1041f-47c4-46a9-9cf7-9c29cc9336f0
  5. regarding removing administration account

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding removing administration account: How to remove administration account in lenovo miix 3-830? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-removing-administration-account/73f1041f-47c4-46a9-9cf7-9c29cc9336f0
  6. Removal of administrator account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removal of administrator account: I have to remove the account of the administrator of this account because he's deceased. I'd like to take over the administration role on this computer. Could you please assist me through this difficult time?...
  7. remove administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove administrator account: I need to remove my account as administrator from a Windows 10 Laptop PC that is to be used by another person. What steps do I need to take please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-administrator-account/bf6237b2-7bb4-44e9-9200-5208ad5dcfd8"
  8. Removing Administrator Account

Removing Administrator Account: Hello, I have reset my laptop which have windows 10 education installed on it and and loged in with my university account then I installed many programs and apps on it. What I want to do now is to make another account then make it administrator and login into it then (using...
  9. Removing an administrator account

Removing an administrator account: My parents bought themselves a new PC, for them to be able to use Microsoft Word and such, I signed in with my account. Now their PC and as well as my laptop have administrative uses. I don't want their PC to have my administrative use how do I remove my account from their PC...
  10. removal of administrator account

removal of administrator account: As a pastor of a church we were given an HP 23-q114 computer with Windows 10. The person donating the computer to us did not remove themselves as an administrator. How do I go about cleaning the computer and adding myself as the sole administrator?...