Windows 10: Regarding the in-built app icons

Discus and support Regarding the in-built app icons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,As my laptop was very slower I reinstalled the OS and the icons of in-built apps like groove music, calculator etc. had turned to white in color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adhityan, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Adhityan Win User

Regarding the in-built app icons

Hi,As my laptop was very slower I reinstalled the OS and the icons of in-built apps like groove music, calculator etc. had turned to white in color rather than being colorful. I know it isn't a big deal but I am not satisfied with my icons looking so plain.I have attached the images of icons before and after re-installing OS.I have also updated windows and all the drivers after re-installing it but the issue was not resolved yet. I kindly ask your assistance in doing it and my current windows version is 21H1.

:)

Adhityan, Oct 25, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 25, 2021
  3. windows store wont let me buy apps

Hi Carlos,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows built-in troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows icon, then type in Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Look for Windows store apps, then follow the prompt and finish the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Regarding the in-built app icons

Windows 10 Built in apps + UAC

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. We understand your requirement in this regard.

Please share these details.

• On which Microsoft account you are trying to disable these apps?

• When you say "we have an application in our company, which requires UAC to be disabled for it to work”. Which application you are referring to?

• On how many computers you are facing this issue?

• Are the systems connected to a domain network?

• Is the issue specific to this application?

You can see this error message “is app can't open with built in administrator account”, when you try to open built-in apps in built-in administrator. So you need a Microsoft account in order to make use of those built-in apps.

Moreover, I see you already disabled the UAC as per the application requirement that you use as a part of your company. We don’t recommend disabling UAC on to help make your computer secure. However currently we don’t have any option to run those
    app with built-in administrator.

I suggest that you provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions. Windows Feedback is only available if you have Diagnostic and usage data set to Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Regarding the in-built app icons

1. Regarding the in-built app icons - Similar Threads - Regarding built app

2. Regarding Windows Icon Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Windows Icon Issues: Hi,Recently i have observed that in windows 11 when I right click windows icon the screen refreshes previously it used to show a settings drop down where we could select control pannel , device manager etc What can be done guys??...
  3. Regarding Windows Icon Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Windows Icon Issues: Hi,Recently i have observed that in windows 11 when I right click windows icon the screen refreshes previously it used to show a settings drop down where we could select control pannel , device manager etc What can be done guys??...
  4. Regarding the in-built app icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding the in-built app icons: Hi,As my laptop was very slower I reinstalled the OS and the icons of in-built apps like groove music, calculator etc. had turned to white in color rather than being colorful. I know it isn't a big deal but I am not satisfied with my icons looking so plain.I have attached the...
  5. Regarding the in-built app icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding the in-built app icons: Hi,As my laptop was very slower I reinstalled the OS and the icons of in-built apps like groove music, calculator etc. had turned to white in color rather than being colorful. I know it isn't a big deal but I am not satisfied with my icons looking so plain.I have attached the...
  6. Regarding apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Regarding apps: By the time android phones had got updated and variety of apps are available but windows is still backward and only some apps are available.so I request you create more apps in microsoft store and a Inbuilt app that converts android application to windows application...
  7. Issue regarding Taskbar icons

Issue regarding Taskbar icons: I have been having a problem with my taskbar icons recently. Whenever I right click on things like file explorer, it will show File explorer, unpin from taskbar, and my the recent 20 files I opened. It wont show the files and will instead show file explorer and unpin from...
  8. Problems regarding a recently built computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems regarding a recently built computer: Hi, recent owner of a newly built computer here. I've been tackling this issue I've been having with it for about a month now and I think I'm at my wit's end finally, so I want to see what people here should suggest what I should do. To start things off, here's the...
  9. Regarding taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding taskbar icon: Power/battery icon in taskbar is missing ,how to get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-taskbar-icon/447dbcb3-869d-4ac8-b642-303aa175d273
  10. Built in Apps

Built in Apps: I have an issue whereby whenever I restart windows, the following apps startup, but I can't see them the the startup menu. Photos, Calculator and The Store. Does anyone know how these can be disabled? 15261