Windows 10: Regarding to lock my hard drive

Discus and support Regarding to lock my hard drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have licensed windows 10 home OS. How can I lock my hard drives ? My laptop does not have bitlocker software... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mr.Wagh, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Mr.Wagh Win User

Regarding to lock my hard drive

I have licensed windows 10 home OS. How can I lock my hard drives ?

My laptop does not have bitlocker software

:)

Mr.Wagh, Oct 1, 2018
  2. little cat, Oct 1, 2018
  3. John Ado Win User
    Unlocking Hard drive

Hi Marty,

To help you with this, follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    link
    . Refer to the three methods.

To answer your questions:

• We can try to enable BitLocker to encrypt your hard drive and then decrypt it later.
    • BitLocker is what we recommend. You may use third-party software at your discretion.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

John Ado, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Regarding to lock my hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Regarding to lock my hard drive

1. Regarding to lock my hard drive - Similar Threads - Regarding lock hard

2. Regarding Bit locked Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Bit locked Drive: Greetings, I use CMD in admin mode to lock my bit locked drive but the command for the same makes use of "-forcedismount ". Is it safe to dismount your drive like this manually? Does it risk my data? Also, if there is any other risk, please edify me.Thank You....
  3. Regarding Bit locked Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding Bit locked Drive: Greetings, I use CMD in admin mode to lock my bit locked drive but the command for the same makes use of "-forcedismount ". Is it safe to dismount your drive like this manually? Does it risk my data? Also, if there is any other risk, please edify me.Thank You....
  4. Regarding Bit locked Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  6. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  7. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Help regarding hard drive....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help regarding hard drive....: So my laptop went through hardrive test before booting into windows and it took it's own time I didn't worry about it and carried on...... It still works fine TBH. So to clear my suspicion I did a diagnostic test it spit out some code and told me to check in HP website, which...
  9. Regarding External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding External hard drive: Hello everyone, May you all help me with one thing? My external hard drive normally worked as usual. However, it stopped showing in my computer since many days ago even though I try to plug it in every port and even try to initialize it. Yet it still does not work. All your...
  10. Hard Drive Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Locked: Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I...