Windows 10: Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

Discus and support Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, so recently Malwarebytes updated itself to 4.1.2 and while installing the newest version, a notification said that both Malwarebytes and Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Justin820, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Justin820 Win User

Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

Hi, so recently Malwarebytes updated itself to 4.1.2 and while installing the newest version, a notification said that both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender I use Windows Defender as a secondary protection have been turned off. Im worried there could be something wrong because this is basically a work laptop im using.

:)

Justin820, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Julsie Win User

Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

[Merged]

Windows 10 accepts Malwarebytes as complete antivirus, and will not allow full Defender to work.

Yet, according to many searches Malwarebytes is not considered to be a complete antivirus.

I had to remove Malwarebytes from my laptop to get Defender to work fully.

Any suggestions about how to use complete Defender while running Malwarebytes

Moved from Windows 10

Original title: Malwarebytes and Defender

Julsie, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

Recently there were various changes regarding Malwarebytes...

Malwarebytes 3 - Frequently Asked Questions

especially:
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/191650-malwarebytes-30-frequently-asked-questions/#comment-1077438

Suggestion to read

Malwarebytes for Windows Help - Settings

Scroll down to Windows Action Center, see:

You may have noticed a flag in your system tray that sometimes has a red icon with a white X appear over the flag. That is a status indicator for the Windows Action Center, which tells you when your computer has a security issue that needs your attention.
    Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 or Malwarebytes Trial 3.0 can now be registered as a security solution on your computer. There are three settings available, which will be abbreviated here for easier reading. Brief descriptions for the meaning of each setting are
    also provided.

• Let Malwarebytes choose whether to register: Malwarebytes will determine whether it should be registered in Action Center. The program will not register when Microsoft Security Essentials is in use on a Windows 7 or older operating
      system. It will also not register when Windows Defender is used on a Windows 8 or newer OS.
    • Always register Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes program status will always appear in Action Center.
    • Never register Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes program status will never appear in Action Center.

Jsssssssss, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Pavan_N, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. - Similar Threads - Regarding Defender Malwarebytes

2. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender: I have Malwarebytes installed but windows defender doesn't detect it and go into Periodic Scanning like it always has done, It just stays like it normally is, Like Above Current Threats its Suppose to List Malwarebytes but its just blank, With Malwarebytes I have the Windows...
  3. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender: I have Malwarebytes installed but windows defender doesn't detect it and go into Periodic Scanning like it always has done, It just stays like it normally is, Like Above Current Threats its Suppose to List Malwarebytes but its just blank, With Malwarebytes I have the Windows...
  4. Defender and Malwarebytes

Defender and Malwarebytes: Can Defender and Malwarebytes run together? Do I have to disable one to use the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-and-malwarebytes/f5875915-752c-4803-b761-cd49242dc225
  5. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  6. Final thread regarding my issues with Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and Firefox.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Final thread regarding my issues with Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and Firefox.: I've come to realize that Windows Defender only messes itself up when wuaserv is stopped, and or my computer goes to full sleep and I have to login again. Coincidentally, Windows Defender stopped working after I started to scan with Malwarebytes, But I'm writing off that it's...
  7. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  8. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  9. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  10. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.