Windows 10: regarding touchpad

Discus and support regarding touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to activate touchpad gestures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-touchpad/7cc2a140-28ba-4298-bb25-3c9f918b8a2b Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Samy15, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Samy15 Win User

regarding touchpad

how to activate touchpad gestures

:)

Samy15, Apr 5, 2019

2. regarding alps touchpad misbehaving

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try to uninstall and then reinstall the driver from Manufacturer's website and see if it helps.

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad Driver
      and select
      Uninstall
    • Now go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the touchpad driver.
    • Once, the download is complete, run the setup file and install the driver.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Why does action center keep poping up when I click the touchpad?

Hi Andrew,

To assist you better regarding your concern with the action center, we suggest that you follow these steps and see if it'll help resolves the concern:

• Right the Windows icon.

• Select Device Manager.

• Right click on Touchpad, then select Disable.

• Confirm selection - touchpad is disabled

• Repeat the steps, this time select Enable Touchpad.
    Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Oct 2, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

regarding touchpad

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

regarding touchpad

1. regarding touchpad - Similar Threads - regarding touchpad

2. regarding voice command

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding voice command: after the update of cortana to latest cortana beta version ,the voice activation isn't working. and on trying to activate it says windows voice activation isn't working. what should I do to resolve it??...
  3. regarding one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    regarding one drive: I synced my files in one drive but now I don't want to sync the files and want previous files to transfer to my laptop only and not in one drive. how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-one-drive/d0bdadcd-ebd2-49ad-8de7-630939113c28"
  4. Regarding Windows 10 OEM license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regarding Windows 10 OEM license: Dear Sir or Madam I would like to enquire about the necessity of OEM license possession. The computers that we are currently using are located at an Internet cafe in Korea which is my business environment. We are using a disk which installed on a console PC and sharing...
  5. regarding device portal

regarding device portal: i cant enable device portal in developers mode on my pc.. it displays an error.. i tried going through links and resetting window insider.. but it wont work.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-device-portal/b7304661-2d0a-4948-bdf7-febe8087aa55
  6. regarding windows clipboard setting.

regarding windows clipboard setting.: in windows, there is a feature sync across your device but this feature is not working properly so,please take a look on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-windows-clipboard-setting/8f24ecac-cfb7-4408-a8db-0ff49c968bf7
  7. Looking for info regarding my Windows activation key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for info regarding my Windows activation key: Looking for info regarding my Windows activation key * Original title: Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-info-regarding-my-windows-activation/28d88b3a-817a-4891-857d-3fedd33e244b"
  8. Problem regarding Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem regarding Windows Defender: My windows defender is not being updated, whenever I'm trying to update the software it is searching the update only and sometimes later it is showing "Your windows defender can not be updated, it's facing some problem". And one more thing is whenever I'm trying to scan my...
  9. REGARDING LAPTOP TOUCHPAD=KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    REGARDING LAPTOP TOUCHPAD=KEYBOARD: HELLO, AS I UPDATED MY WIN10[1803] MY TOUCHPAD+KEYBOARD STOPPED FUNTIONING, EVEN AFTER UPDATING THE DRIVERS MANUALLY AND AUTOMATICALLY FROM THE INTERNET PROBLEM REMAINS THE SAME. CAN GENEIUS MICROSOFT HELP ME....
  10. Regarding Asus Touchpads and Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Asus Touchpads and Windows 10 Updates: After spending the last 24 hours without one, I was finally able to restore the touchpad function on my new Asus R541NA notebook. It disappeared yesterday. This was the second time it has happened after a Windows 10 update. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember the exact...