Windows 10: regarding updation of windows defender.

Discus and support regarding updation of windows defender. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how to solve the problem of updation definitions ? every time when I am trying to update it then pop-up box shows and error is " THIS APPLICATION... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GurwinderSingh244, Sep 15, 2018.

1. regarding updation of windows defender.

how to solve the problem of updation definitions ? every time when I am trying to update it then pop-up box shows and error is " THIS APPLICATION COULDN'T CHECK FOR VIRUS AND SPYWARE DEFINITION UPDATES. CHECK YOUR INTERNET OR NETWORK CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN.

And the ERROR CODE IS 0x80004004.

Error description is - The definition updates couldn't be installed, please try again later.

but I have working internet connection.

:)

GurwinderSingh244, Sep 15, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond regarding updation of windows defender. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 15, 2018
  3. On startup Windows Defender is not on and wants to scan

Hi,

To address your concern regarding Windows Defender, we suggest that you restart the Windows Defender Service with the steps below:

• Right click on Start and select Run.
    • Type services.msc, then press Enter.
    • Click the Windows Defender Service, and click Stop and then
      Start under General tab.
    • Check Apply and OK.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 15, 2018
  4. regarding updation of windows defender.

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

regarding updation of windows defender.

1. regarding updation of windows defender. - Similar Threads - regarding updation defender

2. Regarding windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding windows defender: I am trying to turn off my windows defender to download something, but i can't turn it off since it says I have other antivirus providers installed. But I have never downloaded any antivirus providers before, and windows defender doesnt tell me what it is....
  3. Regarding windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding windows defender: I am trying to turn off my windows defender to download something, but i can't turn it off since it says I have other antivirus providers installed. But I have never downloaded any antivirus providers before, and windows defender doesnt tell me what it is....
  4. Question regarding Capabilities of Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question regarding Capabilities of Windows Defender: Hi there,I have configure AntiVirus, Firewall, Reputation based protection, Isolated browsing, Core isolation, Ransomware settings and so on on my Windows 10 Pro Licensed based laptop. I am not very expert but has a good technical understandings. My question is that, Is...
  5. Regarding Some Problems In Windows Defender

Regarding Some Problems In Windows Defender: I recently installed the Comodo Icedragon browser, but with that theComodo Cloud Security also got installed. Now when I click on the "show hidden icons" up arrow mark, it shows a cross sign over the Windows Defender tray icon. When I check for the problem which was making...
  6. Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.: Hi, so recently Malwarebytes updated itself to 4.1.2 and while installing the newest version, a notification said that both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender I use Windows Defender as a secondary protection have been turned off. Im worried there could be something wrong...
  7. regarding Windows defender.

regarding Windows defender.: I bought an hp laptop recently and at first windows defender was activated by default and mc afee antivirus was synced to it as an antivirus. means whenever i opened windows defender it showed defender is turned on or real time protection is turned on and it showed a link to...
  8. Problem regarding Windows Defender

Problem regarding Windows Defender: My windows defender is not being updated, whenever I'm trying to update the software it is searching the update only and sometimes later it is showing "Your windows defender can not be updated, it's facing some problem". And one more thing is whenever I'm trying to scan my...
  9. Regarding WINDOWS DEFENDER

Regarding WINDOWS DEFENDER: My windows defender has been frozen I don't know what to do and when I click on the SCAN NOW option it doesn't respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/regarding-windows-defender/9c420c40-6792-4918-8692-44266cf57b86
  10. Windows Defender activation regarding

Windows Defender activation regarding: I have turned off the windows defender but now I could not reactivate it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-activation-regarding/2ff81f95-ca72-431e-8036-ecac3c605d64