Windows 10: Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation

Discus and support Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear All, So I recently bought a new Lenovo Laptop and it came with Windows 10 Home (x64) pre-installed. In my old laptop, I had Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Siddhesh Sapre, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation

Dear All,

So I recently bought a new Lenovo Laptop and it came with Windows 10 Home (x64) pre-installed. In my old laptop, I had Windows 10 Home which I had upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Since I wanted Windows 10 Home to be upgraded to Windows 10 Professional in my new laptop, I downgraded the version of my windows in old laptop to Windows 10 Home. Now, I tried using the same activation key for Windows 10 Professional in my new laptop and it shows me the following error:

'We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below (0x803fa067)'

Can someone help me out in this/

Thanks and regards,

Siddhesh

:)

Siddhesh Sapre, Jun 15, 2019
  2. danlim549 Win User

Questions about Volume Licensing Key for Windows 10 Professional

if I upgrade from Windows 10 to Pro, will I get Volume Licensing Key in order to install multiple PCs with same valid license key?

For example, I own an OEM edition of Windows 10 Home from Newegg. However, my parents and my brother wanted me to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional for saving money via upgrading Pro Pack on MS Store. So if I install all 3 PCs with Windows 10
    Professional, will I still be able to put same valid license key?

danlim549, Jun 15, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jun 15, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation

1. Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation - Similar Threads - Regarding using winodws

2. Windows Enterprise 2021 license key on a Winodws Enterprise 2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Enterprise 2021 license key on a Winodws Enterprise 2019: Windows IoT 2019 mainstream support will end in Jan 2024, will Microsoft stop selling Windows IoT 2019 licenses aswell or when will that happen?Also, can I activate a Windows IoT 2021 license on a Windows IoT 2019 installation?If not, is there anyway we can install windows...
  3. Windows Enterprise 2021 license key on a Winodws Enterprise 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Enterprise 2021 license key on a Winodws Enterprise 2019: Windows IoT 2019 mainstream support will end in Jan 2024, will Microsoft stop selling Windows IoT 2019 licenses aswell or when will that happen?Also, can I activate a Windows IoT 2021 license on a Windows IoT 2019 installation?If not, is there anyway we can install windows...
  4. Windows Enterprise 2021 license key on a Winodws Enterprise 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  6. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  7. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional: HI, Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional. 1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional product key to activate & use Windows 8.1 Professional? 2. As I have already purchased Windows 10 Professional License,...
  8. Questions regarding license key

Questions regarding license key: Hi, I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 sometime back. This was during the time the free upgrade was still available. After some time Windows 10 crashed and so I had to format and install Windows 7 again. Now I bought a license key for Windows 10 pro yesterday and...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key: Hi, Hoping someone can give me a proper and definitive answer on this as there are multiple conflicting answers. 1. Can you upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 Professional using a Windows 7 professional Key ? 2. Can you install windows 10 Pro and activate it...
  10. Windows 10 Professional [ License ]

Windows 10 Professional [ License ]: I recently bought a license key from Software Geeks online. But when I entered the Key , it didn't work. Has anyone had the same problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-professional-license/972414c3-9c68-434b-9942-559858598c3b"