Windows 10: regarding what appears to be more than one phantom error in the eventlog with eventid 5038

Discus and support regarding what appears to be more than one phantom error in the eventlog with eventid 5038 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello to all, I am just wondering about this Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoelCraycroft001, Jul 24, 2020.

1. regarding what appears to be more than one phantom error in the eventlog with eventid 5038

Hello to all, I am just wondering about this Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error. \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Temp\UDD4CA1.tmp.. I got this recently along with 6 other audit failures similar to the one mentioned just now.. I don't know what this is about or how to fix it either even if it is fixable at this time.. All I know is that if I go to the Windows\Temp folder under File Explorer it does not show that file or any of the files in question mentioned in the eventlog either! Also, The eventid is 5038 as well. I am also certain that I do not have any malware currently on my system as well as that I have also tried an sfc /scannow and according to that everything is fine as well.. Anyways, Thanks for listening and have a great day too..

:)

JoelCraycroft001, Jul 24, 2020

2. regarding what appears to be more than one phantom error in the eventlog with eventid 5038

Hello to all, I am just wondering about this Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error. \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Temp\UDD4CA1.tmp..
    I got this recently along with 6 other audit failures similar to the one mentioned just now.. I don't know what this is about or how to fix it either even if it is fixable at this time.. All I know is that if I go to the Windows\Temp folder under File Explorer
    it does not show that file or any of the files in question mentioned in the eventlog either! Also, The eventid is 5038 as well. I am also certain that I do not have any malware currently on my system as well as that I have also tried an sfc /scannow and according
    to that everything is fine as well.. Anyways, Thanks for listening and have a great day too..

JoelCraycroft001, Jul 26, 2020
  3. WilliamDz Win User
    regarding what appears to be more than one phantom error in the eventlog with eventid 5038

It doesn't matter if it platter HD or SSD, all storage devices eventually fail. SSDs have a limited write cycle lifespan, but nothing you should be worried about for a few years, and even when they do begin to fail they are much better at managing bad
    blocks. Like I said, I don't think it is storage related. if it were, you would be seeing a cascade of issues. If that is a concern, you download any number of disk utilities to check storage health.

As for the event, you can read more about here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

WilliamDz, Jul 26, 2020
  4. WilliamDz Win User

regarding what appears to be more than one phantom error in the eventlog with eventid 5038

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is William. I'm a Windows technical expert. I'll be happy to help you out today.

The C:\Windows\temp folder serves as a dynamic folder for programs installed for all users. In the process of downloading, installing programs or running these programs, they will go off and download new binaries or installer packages in the process of updating
    themselves. If any of the files are drivers (.dll or .sys) or other system files that have not been digitally signed with a valid certificate, then this event is recorded.

On the flip-side, you will also see this is your disk is beginning to fail and the system or driver files are stored in the bad sectors of the storage device, hence making it impossible to ascertain the digital signature. The latter is the rarer of the two
    and since the location is the temp folder it would be expected that file(s) that were being flagged have since been deleted by the parent program.

If you are concerned about disk errors, check the Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System for errors with Disk as the Source or run chkdsk against your system drive.

WilliamDz, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. regarding what appears to be more than one phantom error in the eventlog with eventid 5038 - Similar Threads - regarding appears more

2. there appears to be a 'phantom' workspace.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there appears to be a 'phantom' workspace.: I'm having another problem with Windows again: Windows 10 I have NO extra workspaces. But, there appears to be a 'phantom' workspace. By that I mean. No official 2nd Win Workspace. Windows key-Tab shows only ONE. But, my mouse disappears well into either the left or right...
  3. there appears to be a 'phantom' workspace.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there appears to be a 'phantom' workspace.: I'm having another problem with Windows again: Windows 10 I have NO extra workspaces. But, there appears to be a 'phantom' workspace. By that I mean. No official 2nd Win Workspace. Windows key-Tab shows only ONE. But, my mouse disappears well into either the left or right...
  4. there appears to be a 'phantom' workspace.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dokan/Dokan1 Mounting disk device (Eventlog EventID 1)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dokan/Dokan1 Mounting disk device (Eventlog EventID 1): Some time ago I gave Cryptomator a try. Cryptomator required a 'Dokan' be installed. I uninstalled Cryptomator and more or less assumed that 'all' would be uninstalled, i.e. also related stuff. When checking the eventviewer (for something else) I noticed 'dokan' entries...
  6. Dokan/Dokan1 Mounting disk device (Eventlog EventID 1)

in Windows 10 Support
    Dokan/Dokan1 Mounting disk device (Eventlog EventID 1): Some time ago I gave Cryptomator a try. Cryptomator required a 'Dokan' be installed. I uninstalled Cryptomator and more or less assumed that 'all' would be uninstalled, i.e. also related stuff. When checking the eventviewer (for something else) I noticed 'dokan' entries...
  7. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  8. More than one program maximizing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than one program maximizing.: Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up...
  9. One license for more than one versions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One license for more than one versions.: I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got...
  10. Uploading more than one document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading more than one document: How do I upload more than one document when the file is open. I am only allowed to open one at a time, If I go to the document without trying to upload I am allowed to....