Windows 10: Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD

Discus and support Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have shifted Download, Documents, Videos, Pictures directory to D drive to save space on my C drive. I am not sure whether my programs will continue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by toerrisdivine, May 14, 2022.

1. Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD

I have shifted Download, Documents, Videos, Pictures directory to D drive to save space on my C drive. I am not sure whether my programs will continue running on SSD after this. Will they run on SSD or HDD after this?

:)

toerrisdivine, May 14, 2022

2. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, May 14, 2022
  3. How to move program file on ssd to hdd

Can anyone please explain in detail if it is possible to make my program files running in OS on SSD to HDD.

MustaqeemQuadry, May 14, 2022
  4. Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD

Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD

1. Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD - Similar Threads - Regarding whether programs

2. Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD: I have shifted Download, Documents, Videos, Pictures directory to D drive to save space on my C drive. I am not sure whether my programs will continue running on SSD after this. Will they run on SSD or HDD after this?...
  3. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  4. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  5. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  7. Copying my HDD to a SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying my HDD to a SSD: I am not the best with computers but I am really struggling following all these tutorials online and tips. The issue is I had made my windows boot off of my hdd instead of the ssd and now I’m struggling to copy it over to the ssd. (Note: I made this pc 2 years ago and just...
  8. New SSD, Question regarding moving programs and OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New SSD, Question regarding moving programs and OS: I purchased a Samsung SSD 500gb and I am trying to make it where my OS and all of my programs boot from the SSD, and all of my standard files are saved on my regular hard drive. The problem is, I currently have two hard drives installed due to a computer change (I pulled the...
  9. How to move program file on ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move program file on ssd to hdd: Can anyone please explain in detail if it is possible to make my program files running in OS on SSD to HDD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-move-program-file-on-ssd-to-hdd/1737445e-72ba-4252-9261-1bf3109791b4
  10. What are the considerations to take regarding whether to reformat Win?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the considerations to take regarding whether to reformat Win?: Hi everyone, I just graduated, which means I have some free time. I have a feeling that my laptop will benefit from a clean reformat and a re-install of windows, as it's been acting a little sluggish compared to its first few months out of the box. Now besides the...