Windows 10: Regarding WIndows 10 May 2020 update usage of Disk

Discus and support Regarding WIndows 10 May 2020 update usage of Disk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Asus A555LF Laptop, currently running on Windows 10 May 2020 Update. The main problem I noticed is Disk usage is 100 percent all time. Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Meet Shah PDPU, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Regarding WIndows 10 May 2020 update usage of Disk

I have Asus A555LF Laptop, currently running on Windows 10 May 2020 Update. The main problem I noticed is Disk usage is 100 percent all time. Microsoft Search, Telemetry and System are 3 processes that take most of the disk usage. Please help.

:)

Meet Shah PDPU, Apr 29, 2020

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10, 100% disk usage

Hi Eric,

Sometimes your computer could run very slow even though you have only very few programs running. Since you're having issue with your 100% disk usage, it is always suggested that you keep your device drivers updated to eliminate the possibility of such problems.

Let us walk you through some steps that may help us resolve your issue. Follow the steps below:

Step 1:
    Update device drivers

This will help us remove/delete any corrupted data and issues with the PC hardware and make their operations work.

Step 2: Disable Antivirus Software and Windows Defender.

If you have installed antivirus or anti-malware programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, AVG, or Malwarebytes, it is suggested that you turn them off or disable them temporary to see if the disk usage could be back to normal. If the antivirus or anti-malware
    software is at fault, we suggest that you consult the software manufacturers to see if they can provide some help.

Hope the above information helps.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Regarding WIndows 10 May 2020 update usage of Disk

Rapid Disk Usage Variations on Windows 10.

Hi Crackers,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Widows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with access the operating system as it randomly performs slow and becomes slow. We will help you with this issue.

Provide us the below details to assist you better:

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?
    • Does this issue persists when you place your laptop in Safe mode as well?
    • Is this issue specific while performing and particular task on your device?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

First of all, take a note of the processes or applications that is running when the computer runs with high disk usage. Also, we need to find the applications that are running at startup.

step 1: Follow the steps to check for the processes under Task Manager:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click on Processes tab. Check if any of the processes consumes high memory usage.
    Bad sectors on the hard drive can be a cause for high disk usage.

Check which process is utilizing the Hard Disk on Windows 10, you may try the following steps.

• Open Task Manager and click on
      Details
      tab.

• Right click the columns headers and click "Select Columns".

• From the "Select Columns" window, check: I/O Reads, I/O Writes, I/O read bytes, I/O write bytes and then click
      OK.

• Now the columns will be added to the view and will display how much each process is utilizing from the hard disk.

• Sort by I/O read bytes or I/O write bytes by clicking on the column header to see which process is utilizing the Hard Drive most.

Step 2: If you have not run the 'check disk' scan or tried optimizing the drive, follow the steps from this article.

Improve performance by optimizing your drive

(Note: This applies to Windows 10 also.)

Important: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive, it tries to repair that sector and any data available on that might be lost.

Also, refer to: Free
    up drive space in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Regarding WIndows 10 May 2020 update usage of Disk

1. Regarding WIndows 10 May 2020 update usage of Disk - Similar Threads - Regarding May 2020

2. Windows 10 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2020 update: My laptop keeps showing me the notification "Your version of Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay updated". But, there is no update available it just says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  3. 10 May 2020 Update

10 May 2020 Update: Has anyone installed 10 May 2020 Update on Asus Zenbook UX303 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-may-2020-update/232d21d3-fd44-4018-b46b-9b6b79ed36dc
  4. Windows 10 may 2020 update

Windows 10 may 2020 update: How does one know that your windows 10 has the latest may 2020 updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-may-2020-update/44e22fa5-44c7-4cc1-a9c2-fca647204171
  5. Windows 10 , may 2020 update

Windows 10 , may 2020 update: Is it safe to install may 2020 update of windows 10. I have not installed it even after getting the update notification since last 9-10 days as i have seen various articles related to this update and all pf them said that this update has several bugs and not to install....
  6. 100% disk usage after May 2020 Update

100% disk usage after May 2020 Update: My Hp laptop RAM :8GB, Intel 8th gen i3 is working perfectly before the update. When i updated to new windows 2004 build, every thing goes to worse, now i can't use any application, the systemntoskrnl.exe is using 100% disk and windows is hanging, I tried all possible way,...
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: I'm trying to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, but I heard that Microsoft has blocked the update! Why is that? When will they resume the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? I'm not getting any error messages.....
  8. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi everyone! Its been days since Microsoft released the Windows 10 May 2020 update, but my laptop is not getting it. I'm checking for Windows update but my device is saying that I am up to date....
  9. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi all, I've been trying to update Windows 10 to its latest version through Windows Update but I couldn't so I searched how to do that on Youtube and in the video they recommended to go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 So my...
  10. Windows 10 May 2020 update

Windows 10 May 2020 update: Just a little confused ! I downloaded the Windows 10 May 2020 update yesterday which took about 2 hours ! Do all the new features apply to all Windows 10 users ? My Lenovo laptop is about 5 years old now and I have kept it updated since day one. After doing the update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2004 disk usage 100%