Windows 10: Regarding your recent updates and patches

Discus and support Regarding your recent updates and patches in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have recently received one of your forced updates and this has broken my ability to use my Rocksmith 2014 cable on USB 3 ports. This is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Drakeybits, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Regarding your recent updates and patches

Hi guys, I have recently received one of your forced updates and this has broken my ability to use my Rocksmith 2014 cable on USB 3 ports. This is a brand new cable bought only a few weeks ago, it is 100% operational and I have tested it on more than my machine, and the problem is your patch has broken my ability to use it on this machine. I had to roll back to 13th Feb System Restore, then back to the 15th to get it to work again for less than 20 minutes, and now it is not working, again on the same build, I have also updated to the latest build and it still is unoperational. I have tried turning the machine on and off, disabling then re-enabling the driver, uninstalling the driver in question and the Universal Serial Bus controllers, tried using a powered USB hub, tried all the USB ports on my machine, done a BIOS update, all for absolutely nothing. I still receive an error in Device Manager when I plug the device in stating:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Your developers in my opinion need to start debugging -A LOT MORE- before they release a patch, you have not only made me lose my windows key in recent patches, but now this has broken. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. If you release an update, it needs to be adequately debugged. This AGILE mentality is cancer within your industry, please fix this so I can use my cable again, because now I am stuck dealing with your developer's **** again Microsoft. Many of your customers are seriously unhappy about the way you are going with your updates.

:)

Drakeybits, Feb 17, 2019

2. Apple patches over two dozen security holes in recent patch.

Mac OS X 10 has recently been the subject of tons of security testing. To patch most of the findings of those tests, Apple has released a security update. The update patches irPort, Apple Type Services, Finder, Installer, Security Framework, VPN, and several web services. A full list of notes regarding this patch can be found here, and you can get the patch here.

Source: The Register

zekrahminator, Feb 17, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Regarding your recent updates and patches :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Robert11 Win User

Regarding your recent updates and patches

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Regarding your recent updates and patches

1. Regarding your recent updates and patches - Similar Threads - Regarding recent updates

2. How to get notifications for .NET upgrade regarding security patches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get notifications for .NET upgrade regarding security patches: Dears,How can I get notifications for the .NET upgrade regarding security patches or for the supported version?Kindly advice. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-notifications-for-net-upgrade-regarding/808cfb22-c505-4a53-828d-d1c7e95fc96a
  3. Is there a known issue for recent Windows update regarding HDR?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a known issue for recent Windows update regarding HDR?: Windows isn't handling HDR properly after a recent update. Is there a known issue?It keeps switching between correct rendering and incorrect rendering, causing apps to lose colors and everything to be whited out....
  4. Is there a known issue for recent Windows update regarding HDR?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a known issue for recent Windows update regarding HDR?: Windows isn't handling HDR properly after a recent update. Is there a known issue?It keeps switching between correct rendering and incorrect rendering, causing apps to lose colors and everything to be whited out....
  5. Regarding updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding updating: In my pc i have windows 10 and ubundu os . Is it possible to update my OS to windows 11 without disturbing Ubundu OS. If so how to update it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-updating/d04e3301-5f7a-4d6b-95f8-3acc30276a5c
  6. KB4567512 patch cannot install. "The update is not applicable to your computer."

KB4567512 patch cannot install. "The update is not applicable to your computer.": Dear Support I am shared few of printer driver total 8 printer, different model via a Windows Server 2016 to more than 50 desktopwin10 1809 and working fine, issues happen on our new laptop win10 1903, some of page or all of the office 365 work document missing while...
  7. regarding recent update

regarding recent update: Kindly help regarding this update.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-recent-update/12c03fa2-5612-41d7-84be-08a5d2068bda
  8. Laptop isn't able to update Window 10 most recent patch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop isn't able to update Window 10 most recent patch: I tried to update my laptop and it's been twice in a row that it's stuck at around ~80% for a few hours so I would force shut down. After that, turning the laptop back on the screen would flashes a few time and then freezes at log in screen so I have to force shut down and...
  9. Problems regarding a recently built computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems regarding a recently built computer: Hi, recent owner of a newly built computer here. I've been tackling this issue I've been having with it for about a month now and I think I'm at my wit's end finally, so I want to see what people here should suggest what I should do. To start things off, here's the...
  10. regarding updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    regarding updates: Hi, How do i change the update setting. I want it to be like win7 where i can let it search for update automatically but let me choose whether to install it? 55209