Windows 10: Regardless how many times I approve for my kid, Firefox cannot be started on Win10

Discus and support Regardless how many times I approve for my kid, Firefox cannot be started on Win10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When launching Firefox, the same dialog box appears on my kid's laptop: "Ask for permission - You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Vakmakcsa, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Vakmakcsa Win User

Regardless how many times I approve for my kid, Firefox cannot be started on Win10

When launching Firefox, the same dialog box appears on my kid's laptop: "Ask for permission - You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Firefox." Then an email arrives to me, and I approve the access request. There is no choice between always approve vs. only this case: there is only approve or reject. Firefox simply cannot be added to the "Always allowed" list. In fact, nothing can be added. And it is despite the fact that the kid is allowed to access third-party apps, and Firefox is explicitely Removed from the "Always blocked" list.

How to prevent Windows 10 from constantly blocking Firefox?

I would appreciate any help with this.

:)

Vakmakcsa, Nov 25, 2018
  2. A.R.K Win User

There is no parental control for approving incoming emails for kids account?

Original Title: kids microsoft email accounts

Kids Accounts (WINDOWS 10) - There are no parental control for approving incoming emails for kids account. There are no pre-authorized setup option for kids email contacts. I thought perhaps only authorized individuals on the child's email list for sending
    & receiving emailing messages both incoming and going would be under parental controls as a safety option. But, I ran a test and it seems anyone with access to the kid's email address can send that child an email. This is not safe at all. Emails can contain
    inappropriate attachments from other kids as well. I thought perhaps parents had control and can setup an approved email contacts list and contents are preapprove by parents before it is visible to the child and vice versa for outgoing email as well. Devices
    are controlled, and monitored in reports, however, who is controlling the authorization of contacts & contents to communicate on that device with that child??? as parents have no control options? I like the device monitoring with control offered. Perhaps,
    I may have overlook something in the email safety for kids or is this really a standard email for all? We need control options over contacts for under a child's security and protection as well. Also, the Local account (without email option) does not ask
    for an age. - I would suppose the entry might be regarded as an adult?

A.R.K, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 25, 2018
  4. AndySteck Win User

Regardless how many times I approve for my kid, Firefox cannot be started on Win10

Kids corner pinned to start screen

I've seen several pictures of windows phone 8 start screens that show Kids Corner pinned to the start screen.

• How do I pin Kids Corner to the start screen with my HTC 8x?

AndySteck, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Regardless how many times I approve for my kid, Firefox cannot be started on Win10 - Similar Threads - Regardless many times

2. How do I get a refund on a 1 year subscription my kid signed up for without my approval?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a refund on a 1 year subscription my kid signed up for without my approval?: How do I get a refund on a 1 year subscription my kid signed up for without my approval? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-refund-on-a-1-year-subscription-my/d9e37dd4-d9ba-4642-8525-71ee68b37b58
  3. How do I get a refund on a 1 year subscription my kid signed up for without my approval?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a refund on a 1 year subscription my kid signed up for without my approval?: How do I get a refund on a 1 year subscription my kid signed up for without my approval? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-refund-on-a-1-year-subscription-my/d9e37dd4-d9ba-4642-8525-71ee68b37b58
  4. Setting time limits for my kids

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting time limits for my kids: HY So i have a parent account and two kids that have also a microsoft account. family acccount One of the account is logged on the same computer that i am so i've tried to set a time limit for him. The problem is i made some changes in the time limit but the system doesn't...
  5. Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family

Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family: My daughter has a new laptop and has used firefox on it since yesterday. Today then a window popped up with the request to ask permission to use the app from an adult. I followed the procedure 5 times, and my husband 3 times but it still does not work. We restarted the...
  6. How is my kid playing many more hours than are defined in his screen time limits!?

How is my kid playing many more hours than are defined in his screen time limits!?: Hi, I defined 2.5 hours every day for my child's account as follows a week ago: [ATTACH] I know for a fact he have been playing far more than 2.5 hours a day, and the activity report shows the following: [ATTACH] I don't know if the activity report is accurate if...
  7. Cannot update failed many times over many months!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update failed many times over many months!: Hello, I cannot update my laptop. Have tried many times over many months! Now says my computer is not supported. But it should be able to update. On 1803. Need to be on 1909. Can you come on it remotely and sort it please? I have Assure cover. Thank you. Fran Carpenter...
  8. FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager: For the last month or so, FireFox has repeateadly crashed when more than two tabs are open and at least one of the tabs is a video from YouTube. I have found several work-arounds and suggestions to tweak FireFox to behave better and they have worked with solving the crash...
  9. Time approvals not matching up

Time approvals not matching up: My son recently reinstalled windows on his computer when he got a new drive. We have had an odd time issue since. His requests for time go through fine but if we approve 15 min, 30 min, or an hour, it says something went wrong. If I approve 2 hours, he only gets 1 hour. The...
  10. kids accounts and screen time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    kids accounts and screen time: I have updated everything and setup child on pc and set screen time but child can still be on pc for 24 hours when I have set for 2. no passwords left around....